Tuesday, November 24, 2009

You know she's sick if she doesn't fight the diaper change

I know, I know. I didn't post yesterday. But Bryan was working nearly the entire day and I didn't get a chance to come up here and blog for the brief moment that he was downstairs with me.

I wanted to blog about FlyLady. I was introduced last Thursday at MBS (Mom Bible Study). She is fantastic! It's this website that starts you off with baby steps in getting your house clean. Day 1 is to Shine Your Sink.
So I started by doing all the dishes, putting the strainer away (because that attracted clutter and did nothing for me to help clean), cleaned the sink and dried it. You're suppose to dry it each time. Well, let me tell you, it has been clean since Friday. I can't let myself let it get messy when it looks so nice.
So each day I read the new "Post-it Note" and add it to my list of things to do for the day. And it works. It really works.

Pray for my baby, she's not feeling well. She is running a fever and was more than normal snuggly today. She even fell asleep tonight as I was changing her diaper. I didn't even get to feed her before I put her down. So I just picked her up and took her to her room to rock her for a few minutes before putting her in her crib for the night.
Bryan just ran out to get a new thermometer since ours takes 9 hrs to get a reading. It's terrible. Hopefully she's better before Turkey day. It would stink to have to miss everything with both sides of the family.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I have flylady bookmarked but have not had a chance to really look at the site.

Poor little A, I am paying she feels better soon!

Anita - Soaring Eagle said...

I am praying too that "A" will be better soon for you all can enJOY your Thanksgiving Day!