Thursday, November 19, 2009

Am I complaining? Yes, I think so.

This morning we all, dog included, slept in til nearly 10.
And Bible study started at 10.
So, I rushed up with a wonderful tired headache, ate a quick bowl of cereal, brushed my teeth, tried to get dressed one handed while holding A, tried putting A down, A cried to be held, I let her cry so I could get dressed quickly and without doing some sort of a dance.
Bible study was all right. I didn't get to do my lesson that I nicely put off until the last minute expecting to do it this morning before and then not getting to. I still plan on doing the lesson on my own time this week, I just regret not having it done to be on the "same page" as the other ladies. My bad.
The rest of the day was pretty well in the pooper. A screamed at me as I tried to put her in the car seat to bring her home and then later on during bath time. She's been sassing me a lot lately but I think there are lessons to be learned in it.

Lesson 1: Don't hold angry daughter while she hits you and has fork in hand.
Lesson 2: Let her cry it out because trying to get one's own way will not work. Be the mom and act like a grown up.
Lesson 3: She'll come to you when she's ready. If she's ready.
Lesson 4: The terrible 2's come early. Two early. <-- Haha, get it? No? Moving on...
Lesson 5: It won't help the situation if you lose your cool. Keep calm.
Lesson 6: Remind her and yourself that you love her.
Lesson 7: Screaming it out is good in the long run: they wear themselves out for bed.

Well, that's all I have for today. See you next time on Life Lessons for the New Mom.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

You are doing the right thing with A keep loving her and reminding yourself you love her ;) good Momma

The terrible 2's come early. Two early. <-- Haha, get it? got it, cute! If you speak terrible that's what you will get, try terrific twos! and remember she is still easily distracted at this stage.

love you and I am praying for you

Anita - Soaring Eagle said...

Isn't it wonderful how "A" is teaching you so much? It doesn't sound like you are complainig to me, it sounds like you are being a very good Mom! Keep it up woman!