Friday, November 06, 2009

Krohse Cove

Today was the first day of our Women's Retreat. It's like a women's getaway while going back home to sleep. Which I prefer anyway, because, oh how I love my bed.
We met at 5 o'clock, chatted while we waited for others to arrive and while dinner was cooking. Slowly, others trickled in. Come dinner there was roughly 10 of us. As we ate our white chili, corn muffins, homemade applesauce, and other little goodies, we chatted, laughed, discussed and caught up.
After dinner we got into the devotion for the weekend as more ladies trickled in. One of the wisest ladies I know led us in discussion, diving into the Word, prayer and bonding. After some time in prayer we relaxed into some free time.
Although nearly half the women left for the evening to rest for the next day, some chatted, others Wiied, but two other women and myself hot tubbed. And, even after we got out at nearly 10:30 and were ready to head home for the evening, we stayed as the game Last Word was whipped out. We laughed, were ridiculous, overly tired and laughed some more until midnight. We headed out the door ready for rest and a new day at Krohse Cove.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I think that Last word was my favorite game of the weekend :) silliness ensues when we have to use our brains that late at night :)

I didn't get close enough to the hot tub and wanted to kind of, but sure had fun doing the other things.