Thursday, November 26, 2009

My 26 Thankfuls

  1. My God, my Savior, who rescued me from the depths of hell.
  2. My family who has loved me unconditionally and with more love any person could hope for or expect.
  3. Bryan. Who cherishes me when I'm unworthy, loves me when I'm unlovable, tells me I'm beautiful when I feel ugly, forgives me when I need it, my strength when I'm weak. He is my other half, my best friend, my buddy and wonderful father to our daughter.
  4. My baby girl. She is my pride and joy, my mini me (even the "ugly" parts), my laughter of the day, and my heart.
  5. My mom. She's indescribable. Her courage, faith, determination, love, kindness. She is my pillar.
  6. My grandparents. They are whom my faith has grown from. My image of a God blessed marriage. My subconscious, even when I don't want to hear it.
  7. My sisters. They stick with me not just because they have to, but because they so choose. One who is so similar in so many ways and the other who could almost be my polar opposite, but no matter, I love them both and they are forever in my heart.
  8. My aunt Kimmy. She is like my older sister, the one I look up to, want to imitate. I value her opinion, love her family humor, dig her style. She's one cool cat.
  9. My uncle Jon. Kimmy's hubby, I couldn't be happier to have him as my uncle. He's "rolling on the floor" kind of funny, goofy, smart, kind, pretty awesome.
  10. My cousins M&M. They are the two coolest kids. Super smart. Way loving. Cute, cute, cute.
  11. My step-dad. We haven't always gotten along but he's been there. Through the bad and the good. He's come a long way and I can appreciate that in him. He's a pretty good guy.
  12. Our friends. They are some of the most wonderful friends that we've had in a very long time. We treasure them, their love, their grace, their opinion, their kindness, their generosity. We love you guys like family.
  13. Our church. We haven't been in a more wonderful church. The goodness has been overflowing lately and I couldn't be more grateful for that.
  14. Norma. I love that 89 year young lady.
  15. Age. The older I get the more I have learned. I'm thankful for that wisdom.
  16. The wisdom of those who have gone before me and life lessons that can be passed down. Especially if one is willing to learn before making the mistake.
  17. My mom's Bible study. I love this group of women, the study that we're doing, the chance to let our children run around and play, the discussions that take place, the tears that are able to flow, the prayers and the hugs.
  18. Chocolate. I know this is drastic from number 17 but it's true. I love chocolate and am very thankful for it. Especially when I've had a bad day.
  19. The Bible. It's word in the comfort it brings, as well as the promise, the hope, and the love.
  20. Bryan's work. He loves it and they love him. It is good.
  21. Forgiveness. Forgiveness of myself, for myself and for others. It's the most relieving thing.
  22. My home. It's cute. It's warm. It holds my things.
  23. Books. I love reading. There's an escape into another world... even if only for a little while before coming back down to reality.
  24. A clean home.
  25. Vehicles, because without them I wouldn't get to see my family very often.
  26. Exercise. It makes you feel good! ..if you are willing to get up and do it.
Hope you are having an awesome and thankful Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful list of thankfulness. Have a blessed day. Hope A is feeling better.