Sunday, November 15, 2009

We just had a weekend? Are you sure?

I don't know quite where it went. But it did come and go very quickly. I'm a little sad, but that's ok. I did have a good weekend and that's what makes it ok.

Church was good today. I appreciate our Interim pastor and what he has to say. Both Bryan and I agree that we really like that he has been around. Not in a dirty weird kind of way but in a traveled kind of way. Him and his family were missionaries in Brazil for some 30 years and he has countless stories from that experience. And they are always fitting. We also really like that he doesn't point the finger at anyone but himself. It makes the sermon hit home all the more.
Today he talked about marriage. A word to the soon to be married, the married and the divorced. Then he added a word to the Church. It gave new light on things we've all heard before.
In a good way. I really like how he says and puts things. But also I really like his character and what he has to offer.
After church we thanked the wonderful lady who opened up her home to the women for last weekends retreat. We gave her a card and basket to show just how kind, thoughtful and loving she was to do that for us. It was such a wonderful weekend and so nice to have it in someones home. It made it more comfortable. You felt at home very quickly.

When we got home A and I ended up taking a three hour nap. I think it was needed.

And then this evening we went over to see Bryan's parents. I sure do love those two. But on our way there we had to stop at a sharp turn where a grain truck had tipped. The person driving must have taken the corner to quickly and turned the truck on it's side. The truck was over both lanes so the trail of cars had to pass in the side ditch with instruction of the police. At least no one was hurt. But we did see all the grain spilled on the road.
We finally got to his parents and they had dinner waiting for us. We got to sit and talk for two hours. It was so nice to catch up and chat. Amelia got to run around being goofy and the grandparents got to love on her.
On our way back we did pass the still tipped grain truck. It looked like they were trying to salvage the spilt grain. Can't blame them. Luckily, from the look of what spilled, it didn't look like the bed was full. So hopefully they won't be out too much money.

I'm off to spend the rest of my wonderful weekend with my hubby before the hectic work week returns. I hope you all had as wonderful weekend as I did.


Catch ya on the flip-side!

...too soon?

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I agree about the weekend going by way too fast, but that is true with each day racing past!

glad you got to spend time with Bryan and your little lady :) and time for grandparents to love on all of you is a bonus!

love you!

Anonymous said...

I hear what you're saying about the weekend flying by! I can't wait for the Thanksgiving weekend since it will be a long one for us!

A looks adorable even with grease in her hair! hee hee