Sunday, November 08, 2009

A new week and I'm ready for the weekend.

I woke up so tired from this weekend. Even though it was a good weekend, I feel I need a day to recoup. It was hard trying to get back into the groove of things. Like I was thrown back into the mix from being gone where I was no one's wife or mom. I didn't have to listen for crying or try to find something that was missing. I didn't have to worry about dinner, or nap time, or what to wear, or dirty diapers. I had adult conversation with amazing women.
However.
I am happy to be home. It was nice to have that break, and I'll look forward to it again, but I will gladly search for keys, listen to my husband snore, play pick-up after my daughter as she throws clean clothes out the basket. Any time.

Church was good today. The music was good. The sermon was good. The people were good. It was good. I was blessed to see the ladies from yesterday, to reach out and hug them, knowing we had a new bond.
I even got to take a nap. A four hour nap. And A took it with me. So nice.

Tomorrow we are attending the funeral of one of Bryan's childhood friends. I don't know what to expect. It's being held at our old church and the church's old building. There will be people we haven't seen in some time. But I'm not worried about that. I'm there for Bryan. For whatever he needs. I don't think he knows what's coming or what to expect either. So prayers for him and for the friend's family are appreciated.

I hope you all are well tonight. I hope you get the rest you need. I hope tomorrow is a good day for you.
Have a good night.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I will be praying for Bryan today and for you.

It was a wonderful weekend :)I am excited to see where God is taking us.

It's nice to be able to be just September for a little while & then back to Mrs and Momma again!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you were refreshed at the cove! It was fun talking with you. You have a way of making me open up and words just spill out! How'd you do that?

September said...

Linda, I'm just that good!! :)