Saturday, November 21, 2009

We Wiied ourselves silly because it's fon-to-due!

I certainly did not feel like blogging yesterday. I didn't really have the time to anyhow. Bryan was working then we were asked to watch the kids of our Pitts friends. It was an easy babysit because the kids were all good.
When we finally got home Bryan and I wanted to watch Monk and Project Runway. There are only two more Monks as the series finale! Yes 2 more and then they're done! We're kind of sad because we really like that show. And PR, goodness! Bryan and I liked Carol Hannah's best but agreed that it wasn't a runway collection and did see Irena's as best comparatively. But it was all black and would have been so much better in color. I do see how she won it though. I did think she had a way better runway collection than the other two. And as for Althea, I was so over her by the first half of the season finale. So I was not heartbroken that she lost. Blah.

Anywho.

Today was somewhat productive. Bryan and I got to get some things done that we kept putting off (i.e. getting information on my ring for the insurance guys so they could update it). We also went to Kohl's' to find him some sweatpants but they were all ridiculously priced. Plus I forgot my Kohl's cash and I was not going to get more stuff without using that! $10 off! That's awesomeness right there.
After we got groceries and some Chinese food from Hy-Vee, we came home ate and then left again. Bryan headed for church where he helped the youth set up for the Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow after church service and A and I headed back to the Pitts' for an evening of Fondue. Because, as Emily likes to say, "It's fon to due!" And, yes, I'm still her friend even though she says things like that. (Love ya Emily!)
We had a good time of dipping, but not double dipping, nor skinny dipping, but over dipping. We sweeted ourselves out. But it was tasty! We hung around until the kids went to bed and while some youth were in her kitchen making dessert, we headed downstairs for some Wii. Wiisort that is. And it was fun.
A was a trooper and let me stay out past her bedtime. I only had a bit of a problem trying to put her in her car seat but other than that she was great. And so funny the entire time we were there! I love when she laughs and runs away. She gets such a kick out of getting chased, even if we only pretend to chase her. She was having such a good time that she nearly ran into the fridge, the cabinet door, and did manage to twirl and fall on her booty. She's such a sweet kid. Love her. Love her!!
So, anyway, I'm gonna go read as I wait for Bryan to return home. Since the youth is having a lock-in at the church tonight I didn't really expect him to take his inner child away from game play and horsing around. But I sure hope he returns soon!
Hope you all have a great night!

4 comments:

Anita - Soaring Eagle said...

How fun! I like the "fon-to-due" that is good. Looks like you made the best of the day too! Way to go September. I knwo you love you baby A and your dear husband. I love how you love!

Anonymous said...

You crack me up!

Kathy said...

I am glad you and Emily are good friends!

I liked Carol Hannah's best too but if Irena had put some color into her collection . . . just sayin' - she was not my favorite person but she is very talented!

Rachel said...

Ya gotta love the stuff Emily comes up with...but I'm pretty sure she inherited that from her dad!
I'm glad that you got to spend to quality time hanging out!
Love ya!