Wednesday, November 18, 2009

There are two 6 o'clocks??

I realize that I did not blog yesterday. I was far too busy watching The Biggest Loser while sharing a bag of Reese's mini peanut butter cups. However, by the end of it, I felt like A Big Loser.
I am inspired by these people and truly I wish I could get on the exercise band wagon. But we don't have the money for any kind of membership except for the free kind. And we all know that includes our rainy, cold outdoors. I did a lot of walking this summer, but I can't bring myself to make A brave the yuck with me. No matter how much I need it.
So, what do I do, you ask? Well, let's see -- I put my daughter in the cart and then run all over the store. Yes, run. It amuses her.

Speaking of...

So, last night, my sister came along for some Christmas shopping that I needed to get done. It was a blessing to have her or I would have stopped after 1 and a half stores and pulled my hair out on the way home. But with her marvelous help of entertaining/running after A, I hit FOUR stores! Yes four. And let me tell you about them.

Store number 1 was our dear Michael's Craft Store. I needed to pick up DIY Christmas ornaments and paper. And while I did that, A tried climbing on company ladders, declaring random things "Hers", and running away. About the time we were ready to go, so was she. But we still wanted to see our friend JoAnna, who was indeed working. So I put my daughter in the cart and ran, yes RAN, around the store like a [willing] fool so as to make my daughter very happy. Which it did.
Then we ran, yes ran, to store number 2. Which is where I got our other sister her lovely items for the upcoming holiday event. But I will not disclose either the present nor the holiday. But in this store, my daughter continued her overtake of all things merchandise claiming them in the name of A. And then she found the toy table and she was happy as a clam. That is until we were ready to go. I think cars are on her Christmas list this year.
Off we went to store number 3. Gander Mt. Courtney, my sister, not the one who I bought the present for but the one who was helping to corral my daughter, did not appreciate this store since she is a lover of all animals living. But, I needed to go in for some gift getting.
As we made our way through the check-out line, A found this weird and gross deer-butt-puller-outer-something-or-another and thought she needed three of them.
Store number 4 was the very-handy-now-that-I've-found-it Toys R Us. Here I managed to take 30 minutes to pick out 5 toys for 5 kids. I never thought it would be that difficult. But the older you get the more you forget what it's like to be a 5 year old.
After I was finally finished choosing, I made my way to the car table where my daughter was stationed. And of course she chose a $200 set. She has my taste. We followed her around for a while. She led us to the baby doll isle where she Oohed and Aahed. But, please, no getting her any baby doll that poops, pees, talks, cooes, walks, crawls, sings, moves or blinks. Thank you in advance.
Then she found Raggedy Andy and she was in love. She carried him around and patted him. For a while she had two but saw the reality in twins and left one in an opposite isle. However, later she dropped and left Raggedy Andy for some dish soap. Then left the dish soap for some Mentos bottles that because maracas. My daughter is fickle.
We ended the trip with me paying and her signing for the card. But we had a really good time. She was such a good girl all day. Happy as a lark, giggling, laughing, squealing, playing. I was a very happy mama. Hoping for another day that good.

Anyway, here is post 1. for today since I failed at getting the post in yesterday. But, really, by the time I remembered, it was 11:45 and I was already curled up in bed. So, please, be kind.

Hope you all have a great day!!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I did miss your post yesterday.

Rachel said...

Wow...I'm exhausted just reading this! And laughing picturing you racing through the stores with the cart! Haha!

Anita - Soaring Eagle said...

That was cute hearing how "you ran in the stores". Lisa Sansone has "walking DVD's" that you can walk in place and you don't need much room. I do them! They are fun. Just a thought! You are so blessed to have a sister to shop with and a daughter to love and buy things for!