Monday, November 16, 2009

Fourteen months today

My sweet baby girl,
Today you are fourteen months old. You have the biggest blue eyes with long eyelashes to match. You have eight teeth in front. Four on top and four on bottom. You also have a grand total of four molars. Two on top and two on bottom with one being on each side.
You have super curly hair which you've most recently covered in waterproof silicone grease. It took us 10 washes, four with Dawn dish soap, to get it fully out.
You have the sweetest laugh and the cutest quirks to go along with it. I love when you shrug your shoulders for no reason but just because. And when you bite down on your paci and force it up into your nose giving you the weirdest look.
You're still nursing but slowly weaning yourself off. I'm not sure I'm quite ready but I will as you do. You still manage to get your foot up to my face as you eat, though. I usually get a toe smashed into my cheek. But you have the cutest little toes.
I love when you "run" you hike your arms up into a funny pose and squeal as you make your "get away." It can be hard not to laugh when you find it hilarious that you are doing something you know you're not suppose to.
Recently you have learned to give kisses. Sorta. You will plant your cheek into our kisses but you do manage to give fantastic hugs.
It's one of the most amazing things to have you squeal with delight whenever we enter the room. Even if we have just woken up, or come to get you for a nap, or have escaped ourselves for a little "me" time.
You calm down every time I sing you His Eye is on the Sparrow. It's the same song I sang you in the womb. We have learned that screaming Twinkle Twinkle will get you to laugh and squeal along if ever you are throwing a hissy fit while we're trying to get something accomplished.
You have learned how to turn the TV on and off, shake your booty from side to side to dance, clap your hands, sign "please", get us to hold you, give you the cat or anything else you want.
You love our cat and dog and lay on them whenever possible. But when they're not around you settle for a stuffed bear or your newly found cat.
You love books, for us to read them to you, or to read them to yourself or to the dog if he's willing to listen.
You talk all the time using words that are not in our vocabulary but we'd listen to you talk all day if we could.
You love destroying things, walking, running away or around the house for no particular reason, to dance and sing, and to give things to people. You also love to color. Especially on our walls and couch cushions.
You are amazed by instruments but right now the guitar is your favorite. So you tend to cherish your ukulele.
I can already tell you are compassionate. You love to hug, especially babies. You tend to show concern if someone is sad or upset.
I could probably go on and on and on. I could add to this list until it is a million miles long. But I think you're amazing. All the little things you do.
I love you my darling girl.

-Mama

2 comments:

Kathy said...

This will be wonderful for her to read when she is older, and a nice look back for you as she grows and changes. She is truly a gift from God, this is the way He feels about you, September ;)

Anonymous said...

Kathy's right. It's almost unbelievable to think that the Lord could write the same kind of letter for his children, but He did when He wrote our names on his palm.

A will love reading this. It's fun to watch her grow up.