Bryan and I were suppose to go down to my grandparents yesterday but we kept hearing all this stuff of bad weather. Needless to say we didn't go so we didn't end up staying longer than intended. Plus- I shouldn't miss anymore school.
I guess that on the news our city was mentioned by name. Many warnings of a Blizzard.
We've received a lot of sleet to which is now ice- everywhere. We have also gotten some snow but not yet the blizzard.
The wind is blowing so hard that the trees are almost in half, the building we live in is creaking and the lights have been flickering.
Those poor trees look so cold. And I'm just waiting to loose power.
Being stuck inside has been fun, however. We have cleaned the kitchen, ate a whole thing of cookie dough, made homemade bread, made some good ol' chili with cornbread (the corn bread wasn't so good cause it was a mix), took a nap, and had ice cream. It has all been delightful.
It's oh so nice to be trapped with someone you love.
-Edit- Five minutes after this post we lost all power. It remained off until the middle of the night.
This is a post that I did back in December of 2005. Nothing has seemed to change so I thought it was proper to post it again.
Things I thoroughly dislike with a passion about drivers
I recently read in another blog the rantings about things that are hated and I thought it was a good idea to blow off steam. So since I about got out of my truck to scream at a few I thought I'd list the top 10 things I hate that people do when they are driving. (#3 happened tonight, it occured twice as I sat at a red light then green back to red and green again...)
My top 10 list
10. limit turn off -I don't mind driving the speed limit but don't go 10 under.. even 5 under is annoying. If something is wrong for you to go slower it's fine but that's what hazard lights are for.
9. too little too ...early -You're driving down the road and someone pulls out in front of you making you put on the brakes. Then they drive real slow when they could have waited two more seconds for you to pass and then drive as slow as they want.
8. sitting in blind spots -i hate when people sit in others blind spots. They go fast enough only to sit where you can't see them then when you would like to get over you can't because someone is sitting there. Especially when they do it to semi's. They can't see you so if they run into you then I say ...ha. ha. ha.
7. can't talk and drive at the same time. -faster and slower then all over the road. Can you not breathe and blink at the same time either?
6. two lane envy -I hate when there are two lanes and one ends for some reason or another and rather than waiting in line like every other person they zoom as far as they can and expect someone to let them in. Wait your flippin turn. This also goes for people who zig zag in and out of all the other cars, speed and cut people off just to end up in the same place at the same time as everyone else that they originally cut off.
5. "what's this button for?" -does anyone know what cruise control is? and if you don't have it learn to level your foot so your not driving like an idiot all over the road. And this way you also don't have people passing you because your slow and then you pass them because you decide to drive again, then so on and so forth...
4. driving slower in the passing lane -there is a reason it's called the "passing lane" and not the "drive as slow as you want this way no one can go around your lazy butt" lane.
3. intersections and red lights -whether the light is green or turning red I hate it when people continuing going through an intersection when the lane is full of stopped cars and it's starting to back up into the intersection. Then nonchalantly sit there while the light is green for the opposite direction to go.
2. four way stops. -people have forgotten how to 1. stop at a stop sign and 2. go when it's their turn. The yeild sign is for you not to fully stop but a stop sign means put on the brakes and come to a hault to look both ways before proceeding.
And the number one thing I hate: 1. blinkerphobia -I absolutely hate it when people don't use their blinker. Because then you're wondering, "why the heck are you slowing down for no apparent- ...oh your turning... gee, I wish there was a way I could have known that you were going to turn- oh wait!! There is! It's called your flippin BLINKER!!!"
So I have a couple of stories for you. Even though they are from yesterday...
So first off- Did you hear about the death of Anna Nicole Smith? Yesterday at 2ish. They are doing an autopsy today- So we'll see what exactly happened- in spite of all the rumors going around.
Anyway, Moving on... But be forewarned- This is a vent.
So last Sunday Bryan and I went house hunting. We found this house for sale but it didn't have a sign. I asked Bryan to look into it.
I looked online and fell IN LOVE with this house. Beautiful, Perfect and a Steal.
So Wednesday when Bryan called the realtor they told us it it had sold just twenty minutes before.
I cried. I'm still praying that it isn't.
So yesterday I was on my way to school. Driving in town in the left lane of two lane street, there was a car in front of me who was a little brake happy.
So there she was Ms. Brake Happy tap-tap-tapping away- Who wasn't happy if she wasn't going exactly the speed limit. I wasn't sure what was going on so I slowed down as well. Until she slammed on her brakes.
I saw there was a white car coming the opposing direction IN OUR LANE wanting to turn. I came within inches of hitting Ms. Brake Happy. So I laid on my horn. (not at Ms. Brake Happy but at the idiot sitting in oncoming traffic)
People can not drive here.
So my brothers-in-law are driving me mad. The one getting married won't help pay for anything because "he has no money."
But yet they manage to scrounge up money to go out to eat spending $40 on dinner $150 on comedians or they go out and spend $6 on a pint of ice cream.
SIX DOLLARS! For a PINT!
It doesn't help that they get the most expensive things because they don't have any bills to pay- yet.
Then both of the brothers will come over and eat all of our food!
For example: I made two large loaves of -chocolate chip banana bread- on Wednesday. They came over last night (Thursday) and this morning (Friday) it was almost gone. Not to mention uncovered so whatever was left was drying out.
And yet it's such a task to pick up a gallon of milk or share the food they've bought for themselves.
poopy, stinky, lame, poopy boys- I fart in your general dIrection!