Friday, November 13, 2009

Today my daughter decided to put plumbers grease in her hair.

I didn't get to blog yesterday which kind of made me sad, but it was for good reason. I promise. And if it helps, nothing really went on for the most part. I did get to go to my Mom's Bible Study which is always a blessing. The kids got to play, whine, argue and share cheerios. Us mom's got to share, encourage, love on and pray for each other. I feel so blessed to have these women come together every Thursday.
I am also really enjoying the Bible Study we're in. I think I could go through this one over and over, and still learn something new about life and myself every time. This week was about Mud or Stars.

Two women look out the same prison bars
One sees mud, the other stars

That's good. That's really good. So, which one am I going to see in my day to day situations? Bryan's been working really hard for a while now. Yesterday I didn't get to see him but in the morning to wish him a good day and at night when I went to bed. He continued working through until this evening with only a two hour nap. That's rough. So mud or stars?
I'm very thankful that he has a job he loves, that he really enjoys the people he works with, that he appreciates and respects his boss, and that I get to stay home with our baby every day.
Those are stars.

I'm far from my side of the family and I get to see them about once a month. But, I also have a really, really wonderful family by marriage that is really close by.
Stars.

Today. Oh yes, today.
(Allow me to sigh with a smile on my face)

Three words:
Plumber's Waterproof Grease, that is.
I don't know where she got it from or how she got into it, but she did. And she lathered it into the right side of her hair really well. I didn't even notice until she came and shared some grease with me on my pajama pant. It was all over her face, on her clothes.
Sometimes.
However, I chuckle now.
So.. I put her directly in the bath. Washed her hair three times all without success. Waited for help a few hours later. Washed her hair again in the kitchen sink this time using First: cornstarch -helped. Second: more cornstarch -helped a little more. Third: baking soda plus shampoo -helped some more. Fourth: more baking soda plus shampoo -helped about the same. Fifth: (you guessed it) even more baking soda plus shampoo.
They all helped, but I don't think you understand just how much grease she has in her hair! It did add to her curls, though.
I really enjoy being her mama. She makes me giggle at the end of the day.

On another note, I got a few Christmas presents bought! And the beauty of A being the age that she's in is that I didn't have to worry about her seeing her present because she forgot all about it because I hid it in the basket. Joy! Next year, I will have to plan my trips accordingly but for now- Woop, Woop!!

So, that concludes my day. I am going to head to bed excitedly because, even though Bryan's already asleep on the couch, and I will most certainly have to drag him to the bedroom, I get to sleep next to him tonight!

Most definitely Stars.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are seeing stars girl! PTL!

Ha, ha...where did A find plumber's grease!? I wonder if Dawn Dish Soap would have worked. They use it on ducks and other critters that have been in oil slicks! I'm glad you are laughing about it now.

Hope you have a great day!