Thursday, November 05, 2009

Today was good.

On Thursdays we have a Mom's Bible Study. It is this incredible bunch of ladies who I am blessed to call my friends. We get together and pour out our hearts, pray, encourage, lift up, advise, listen. Whatever we can for each other.
Today was our first day in discussion on a new book that seems to reach out to each of us. It's amazing how God works. He put this book on one of our Mom's hearts and she led us to it. I think I can honestly say that we each took something away from it. The way the author writes, it would be kind of hard to not take something from it. It's entitled, Calm My Anxious Heart: A Women`s Guide to Finding Contentment by Linda Dillow. We've only gone through the first chapter and I already have a lot to think about, consider, and change in my own life.
I am enjoying having God shine the light on the things I need to change and trusting Him to help me to go through with it.
I am a huge worrier.
I allow myself to be full of anxiety and impatience.
I have a hard time letting go and trusting Him in certain areas.
A lot of the time, I already know it. Holding on to it keeps me in my comfort zone. Doesn't make it right, and, so, this is me, stepping out.

With a little help, of course.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this was like reading about myself. That book is on my reading list. I hope that the Lord blesses you in a mighty way with your study.

Rachel said...

I can totally relate to you in your last paragraph. I struggle with the exact same thing.

I think it's so great that you guys formed a bible study group!

Love you!

Kathy said...

stepping out is what it takes, we are on a walk. don't look too far ahead because you can't see anyway. The Bible says, Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. . . so if you have a foot lamp you will not be able to see too far. I am excited, too, for this study because as it unfolds I am certain Jesus has so much for all of us :)

praying for you, September, I love you

Anita - Soaring Eagle said...

How wonderful that you are in "that Bible Study" and you are learning so much. We are on a journey and looks like your journey is going quite well. Keep learning dear Sister!