Sunday, November 02, 2008

National Blog Posting Month

Annnnd, I've already missed a day. Let's see if that's the worst I can do.

So let's back up... Tuesday, Courtney came on up for a visit. She needed to get away for a bit. I don't blame her. Between losing her job, mom getting remarried to her ex amd him moving back in, she's under a lot of stress. Also, Amelia turned 6 weeks.
Wednesday, Court and I went shopping. She needed new clothes. Steve & Barry's is closing so we hit there first. After 3 hours of shopping we leave with her getting one shirt... I also got to feed Amelia in a changing room. Woo-hoo. Next we hit Target. Mainly because there was an office desk I was going to pick up. However, we started browsing the clothes and found a really cute blouse for Miss Thing. We got the desk and had some guys load it into the truck for us. Now, please tell me what kind of store doesn't carry come kind of twine, string, or zip ties of SOME kind to strap down a trunk?? So we drove home with the trunk flopping in the wind. Good times.
Thursday, Court and I went out again. This time to Gordman's. After some careful searching she walks away with 5 or 6 really cute tops and a rockin' new purse. I love it.. a little bit jealous. I also walked away with some really cute jeans. The FIRST jeans I've worn in MONTHS! I still have some baby weight and it will be a while before I can get into my pre-baby jeans but the ones I bought are awesome. Stacey and Clinton would be proud. After we left Gordman's we headed to Wally world for some groceries. We ran through the store since Amelia hadn't eaten in three hours, was still sleeping and was bound to wake up at any moment. She woke up a bit when we put her back in the car. Gave her her paci and out until we got home. Perfect timing. Gotta love it when that happens.
Friday, we chillaxed (haha.. that word is so dumb, I love it) at home. I got four loads of laundry done, pulled out my winter clothes and swapped them for my summer and maternity clothes. Come to find out, I'm in need of some winter tops. We waited for Bryan but he never made it down so we carved pumpkins on our own. The Pitts stopped by to show off the kid's costumes and they were soo cute. We passed out normal sized candy bars. It was fun to see the kids faces as they got to pick out a big ol' candy bar. We watched Sleepy Hallow (as scary as it gets for us) and ate lots of candy. Mm-mm.
Saturday, Courtney went home. I was sad but it was good to have her here for a bit plus I get to see her next weekend along with all the rest of my side of the family.
Today, I woke up thinking it was 9:30, rushing to get Bryan up when he reminded me of Daylight Savings.. duh. Chruch was good and soon we'll be heading over to the Pitts' for a bon fire. I'm excited. I've been needing a good fire.
So, does this make up for not posting yesterday?

1 comment:

The_Gord_Man said...

Hey, we're always glad to hear about people finding deals at Gordmans! Thanks for the kind words!!

Next time you're in, bring this coupon with you!

Happy Shopping!!