Monday, November 17, 2008

Babysitting is fun at bedtime.

Did I mention that my daughter is two months old yesterday? I just can't believe that two months has passed already. But then again it feels like we haven't not had her. How can that be? I don't know and I don't claim to know any of the perplexities of life. So we'll just leave it a mystery.
Many are the wonders of Amelia.
She:
  • 's (very well, might I add) holding her head up on her own.
  • recognizes my face and my voice, searching me out if she hears me.
  • loves lights.
  • talks to us. Coos, yells, "speaks," grunts and the like.
  • fake coughs to get our attention.
  • smiles at Bryan and I when she finds our faces.
  • grumps for me
  • grumps for her paci At night. While I'm sleeping...
  • stretches and puckers her lips in her sleep.
  • cuddles with me.. a lot.
  • turns on her side.
  • has the most beautiful face.
  • has the cutest yawn.
  • growing like a weed.
  • 's just great.

Tonight, Bryan, Court and I got to watch the Pitts kids. Watch, as in, make sure they get their pj's on and sleep in their bed as we lounge and watch T.V. downstairs. Ahem. Yes, watch. It was lovely. Such good kids. We only had problems with the babe spitting out her paci as a fun game to keep the adults coming back into the room. It only happened once with each of us (because we didn't communicate the not-going-back-in-part) and then it was over.
They got home and we got to talk with them for a bit. Court and Keith go at it like Brother and Sister. It's quite amusing as she serves the dishes he gives... what?
Anywho.
Court and I got a lot of cleaning done today. Her the bathroom and kitchen, me the dining room, living room and lots of laundry. It was a chore. Tomorrow we have more. We are going to tackle the upstairs craft area so I can have an area to craft in.
Pardon me as I sit and dream a bit.

Off to bed. I'm zonked.

2months!! jeesh.

No comments: