Sunday, November 09, 2008

Aaaand we're back

Friday night was awful. I even thought about turning around and coming home. We were suppose to leave at 5 but didn't get out of the house until half past. Then because Bryan didn't let me know his Rx was ready and I didn't go to town to get it we had to head that way costing us another hour. Plus, needed some food so we stopped at Hardee's and they took FOR-EV-ER. Literally. We sat for almost 10 minutes at the drive-thru window waiting for them to get us our food. So by 6:30, in the snow we were heading south..

We stopped twice to feed her, once in Colona to check the tires and also to take Pete out to pee (cause he's a boob) and again on a very dark country road with twenty or so cars just passing us and only one stopping to check if we were ok. Where is the common curtesy? I also had to feed and change her in the back seat without opening the door for room. That's tough. We finally made it to grama and grampa's house by 11:22.
::sigh::
We finally got into bed around midnight. Our sweet girl was awake and so I didn't fall asleep til 1:30 and Bryan 2. Then at around 6, Pete started whining because he heard grama and grampa getting around. It wasn't cause he needed to go potty. No, he did that at 1. So until about 8 he relentlessly whined while we relentless shushed.

Saturday, my throat was still hurting but my headache was less severe. My mom and sisters showed up by lunch time so we finished watching Wipeout before heading to the kitchen for lunch. Grampa had something done in his right jaw a few days before and it was starting to swell into his throat. So that morning he went and got some antibiotics to help with it. After lunch, and after feeding Amelia, my mom and I went out to the dollar store and some rinkidink poor man's wally world. We found some Christmas presents and other little odds and ends. Needless to say, by the time we left I was feeling worse. My mom wasn't feeling so swift either. We got home and she ended up vomiting. I had a swollen, red throat that hurt when I would swallow. By the time it was evening I felt so horrible. I did manage to blog via Bryan's iPhone, hence the few odd words. Grampa's right side of his throat and jaw were still swollen and not getting any better.

Today, I hadn't slept well last night. My nose was terribly plugged and running. You know the one, super runny nose but you can't sniff it back in so it runs like water all down your face. Mm-mm. No one but grama went to church. I slept in til 9ish and mom til 10:30ish. So my throat isn't hurting but still a little swollen and now my voice is incredibly hoarse and funny sounding and my nose is still off/on stuffy. Grama decided she was going to take grampa into the hospital since his swelling only seemed worse so we went ahead and got ready to go.

Our sweet girl slept all through the trip, which was nice. I'm feeling a little better. Grampa got some stronger antibiotics. Mom got home and went to bed. We had a safe journey. It was nice to see everyone, in spite of illnesses. I've gotten three more gifts taken care of. And. all in all, we had a not so bad time. I can't complain because I got to see some of my fam. And they are great.

Another four hour journey in just two weeks.

No comments: