Saturday, November 19, 2011

A much needed break

With my hormones all over the place, my sweet three year old can be much at times.  Sometimes she's a little booger (just like any other three year old) but other times she really doesn't mean anything and I still stress out.  It can be all the little Why? questions or wanting me to play with her all day long.  Little things that she means nothing by but I still get stressed.
Why?
Because I'm a reproducing bag of raging hormones.
Before I got pregnant with Babe #2 I could keep the house clean, get my errands done, make supper, juggle 14 balls and ride a unicycle, all while getting to play with A and get my time in just to spend with her.  Now, I can barely pick things up off the floor without getting tired.
And sometimes I swear there is three of her.  I mean really, how can my tiny little girl make such a mess in such a massive amount of time?? There's gotta be three.
And where there really are three kiddos running around I'll be reminiscing of the days when there was only one to pick up after.  Ha!  Isn't that the way it always is?
Well, last week A and I hung out with my bro-in-law's wife, Alyssa.  A just loves her and wanted to go home with her for the night.  Alyssa said that this week she would be happy to take A for a night.
Whoop!
So last night Brent and Alyssa came and got her for the evening.  I'm sure she had a grand ol' time even though I haven't checked.  (Oops.)  Then this morning they dropped her off at Bryan's parents for the day. We have a youth event to attend tonight and needed someone to watch her so we figured: What's better than a grandparent to take her for the evening?  A grandparent to take her for the entire day!
Bryan and I slept in this morning (without being woken up by a 3 year old at 5 in the morning), went out to eat for a late breakfast (without a 3 year old dancing around the table instead of eating her pancakes), then I took a nap and he played the wii (no barbies involved).
Re. Lax. Ing.
I do love these little things that she does and I'll be happy to have her back but it's nice to have a day that we're just US so we can appreciate being US with a sweet little 3 year old.

...That is until she says something sassy.  But it's all made up for with her sweet hugs and kisses.  And when she does the Robot.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I remember when our kids were small and Doug and I would go out or stay home or whatever we did without kids and he would always say don't you miss the kids? awwwwww NO! I can so relate to your break needing. It's a lot to be a Mom especially with another baby close ;) hang in there and enjoy your break but more, enjoy your little A she is a sweetie!