Monday, November 14, 2011

Catch up from yesterday

Yeah, so I'm not doing so well at keeping up with this everyday but I'm trying and I've certainly blogged more than I have in a long while. Probably last November!

Well anyway. Yesterday was a good day albeit busy. The Pastor and his wife have started a couples Bible study at church and Bryan and I are trying to attend it. Yesterday was the second Sunday of the study. We really like it so far but now I just have to pin my husband down to do the homework. (P.S. thank you Kathy for doing the nursery while that goes on!)
Then last night, we had a leadership meeting. Elected and non, so Bryan and I went. He for the music ministry and myself for the nursery. Since getting pregnant back in March, I really haven't don't anything with the nursery since I (with the help of JoAnna {thank you again}) finished the nursing mother's room. But I did get to talk about any plans I have for the nursery in the future. Plans that will have to wait until Spring but I'm sure it's all in God's good timing.

Today, A and I were suppose to go to the play group that meets every Monday but A decided she didn't want to go AFTER I skipped a (needed) shower and got dressed so I could get us out the door. The booger. And of course she told me around 3 in the afternoon that she wanted to go. Too late, little sweetheart.
I got a little cleaning done but wore myself out quite quickly so was done cleaning for the rest of the day by 11. Awesome. But I did manage to make lasagna soup for supper. Bryan loved it. I thought it wasn't too bad.
I also felt that A has been watching entirely too much tv lately so I said that today was a no tv day. It worked fairly well but by 4, when I started to make supper, she was making me nuts. She wasn't being naughty by any means, it was the Why? questions and the Look At Me's and the let-me-be-all-up-in-your-face-with-no-space neediness. I don't mind it when it's not all day but when it is, even during my nap, then I do mind and just need some quiet time. So I put on Beauty and the Beast.
Thank you Belle for entertaining my kiddo long enough for me to make this soup!
So to end the night, I escaped to the movies for some much needed adult quiet time and watched The Help with Miss Jolene. It was a very good movie and had you rooting for those sweet ladies! I really enjoyed it. So go see it if you haven't. Or rent it when it comes out to DVD. But one way or another it needs to be on your Need To Watch list.

You is kind.
You is smart.
You is important.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Lasagna soup? Recipe please! Sometimes you need a good movie for a kiddo so you can get something done in peace ;)