Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Here we go!...

November is National Blog Month and as of late, I am terrible at blogging. For one, I don't have my own computer and two, I am a mom of a three year old and 8+ months pregnant with babe #2. So I am tired and find myself with no time. But I'm going to try my darndest.

Last night being Halloween we took A out with our friends to go Trunk-or-Treating at a local church. She had so much fun going from trunk to trunk that she would skip. Her and her friend C would giggle with excitement and squeal.
A made it about 2/3 the way through the trunk line before tearing into a bag of m&m's. Which isn't bad considering all the candy she was getting and we kept asking her to wait.

Did I mention what A was for Halloween? Belle from Beauty and the Beast. No one would've seen that coming at all since she has been wearing that costume nearly everyday since her birthday mid-September.

After ToT we stopped at our friends parents house. More candy in the bag and by this time A had eaten all three of her allotted pieces. There was no holding her back.
Then to our friend's bosses house. She's such a nice lady, I can see why Emily likes her so much. A wanted to go inside since we had at her parents house, especially since the Boss Lady had a dog.
We stuck around the neighborhood for a bit going door to door. At first A tried going into people's houses (I think she thought that's just what we did). Then after a few houses she had a We Are The Champion going on. She would yell "I'm coming!!" as she ran after her three friends. Then she would whoop and holler after she received her candy, holding it high above her head like she had just won Halloween. It was thee funniest thing ever. Made my entire week.
After about 10 houses we decided it was getting cold and late so we headed over to another friends house as our last stop. They had candy just for our kiddos because they're getting ready to move this week and I'm sure they didn't want to deal with a bunch of trick-or-treaters. More candy for us! Or at least our kiddos.
And before we left Miss Linda made me quote Juno because that's what I looked like. Totally not on purpose. All I was missing was a skirt to go over my jeans and a jug of Sunny D.
Once we got home A crashed. Too much excitement and sugar I suppose. And, well, she was running around like a crazed woman at a 70% off shoe sale.
I would have no idea what that's like. (ahem)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Haha! I love your stories about A. I'm pretty sure I get more excited about candy than a 70% off shoe sale still!

Glad you're attempting to blog too! :)

Kathy said...

It was fun to see A and Emily playing together tonight at church they were having a big time till it was time to go home :( she sure is growing up fast!