Friday, November 11, 2011

A new day

I did not blog yesterday. Yesterday was a hard day. And by the end of it, I just wanted to go to bed.
I woke up not feeling like being a mom for the day. That's not a good start. But it was fine all the way up to my doctor's appointment and on my way home.

The appointment went good although quick. 10 minutes total. I asked about Thanksgiving and if I was able to go four hours away. He asked if there was a hospital nearby (there is, albeit small and not where I'd want to have my kid just in case).
Then figured out I'd have my next appointment right on thanksgiving if we were to go the exact two weeks. I have to have the strep B test done so he said he'd check my dilation. If I'm only 1cm then I can go but not if I'm like 4cm. Makes sense. So we'll just have to wait and see.
I trust my doc so I'll do as he says.
P.S. I'm 34+ weeks and everything is looking good. :)

After I got done with my appointment, I called my mom to fill her in. Got home and came inside.
Drama.
My kiddo has been so dramatic lately and I can't figure out why. Where did this sassiness come from? The eye rolling, getting so frustrated when we can't understand her right away, saying "forget it". Where did she learn Forget It?? And lately, if she's talking to one parent and the other one answers she'll respond with a "I taking to mom." (if I was the one she was talking to) with sass and attitude in her voice.
She responds pretty quick if we say we're going to put her in time-out. Thank the good Lord for that. She really is a good, sweet, funny kid the majority of the time. But when she's sassy, my goodness, she's all sass.
But yesterday I was at my breaking point. Pregnant, tired, my house is a mess, and we're home more often than we should be, so I decided to take her to the mall to play for a bit. They had to close the play area for 30 minutes to clean it so I said we could stay longer so she could play longer than 20 minutes. We did, and it was fine until I said it was time to go. She gave me attitude about leaving, then about her shoes, then her coat. I was done. And stressed so I was getting lots of hot flashes and Braxton Hicks.
I had to carry her out while she was crying and throwing a fit. I stopped and had a talk with her and it seemed to work. We continued walking out of the mall when she spotted a lone mall cart. She wanted to ride in it but it was time to go. Again with the not listening. I had to spank her and carry her again.
I was so frustrated and angry that she was doing this to me so I asked her why she was being mean. She laughed and said, "'Cause I'm being mean". That broke my heart. She had never acted like that before. She continued to laugh and act like it was just a game as I told her that this wasn't funny and when we got home she'd be getting a time-out.
We got in the car and I broke down crying to Bryan on the phone. I was so angry and so hurt that she had acted the way she did. And Bryan was very upet with her now as well. We got home, she got a time-out, a talking from daddy, then her and I had a talk.
She was better the rest of the day, still a 3 year old, but nothing like she was.

Here's hoping today goes better. All I can do is keep my attitude happy and loving and then hope it rubs off on her.

No comments: