Sunday, November 06, 2011

My mom's here! and Babe updates

Last weekend my mom, middle sister, and grandma went three hours south to visit my baby sister, the Courtster.  I was jealous because I couldn't go.  By the time I got there it would have been a 6 hour car ride for me.  Too long of a drive for this pregnant momma. So they went without me.  Boo.  But yay for them.  I know they were really missing the Courtster and vis versa but I was sad that I couldn't have gone too.
So since I couldn't go and I hadn't seen my mom since the beginning of October, she so graciously came up this weekend to see me!  I love her.  It's hard on her to drive the four hours so I know she missed us too.
It's so nice having her around.  She's fun and funny and I just love her so!
Plus, as a bonus, she's been cleaning a bit for me too!  With me being so tired I just haven't had the energy.  And what little energy I do have, my 3 year old has drained from me with all her playing and sassiness.
Oh! And she's been taking over the playing business while being here.  So nice to have a break from Barbies and dolls. I'm not a girly girl but I do try for my kiddo that is. However, my mom is the girly girl and that's where my babe gets it from.  Diamonds, pearls, lace gloves and pouffy dresses. Things that sparkle and are fancy.  That's my mom and my girl.
I wonder what this next babe will be like.  I feel she'll be more like the side of me that's easy going and quiet.  A has a lot of qualities that are like me so I wonder if Baby will be more like Bryan.  The book worm who's smart and a thinker.  Yikes! To have two of those in the house... oh my.  What a brain fest that'll be!
So speaking of the Babe, I am 33 weeks last Thursday.  I've been told multiple times that I may not make it to December.  I've also been told a couple times now that they think she's dropped.  I think she has too.  Not significantly but enough where I can feel she's down lower.  Especially when she gets the hiccups.  That was interesting.
But this Thursday I have another doctor appointment with my OB and I'll ask him what he thinks.  I will also have to ask about Thanksgiving and if I'll be able to travel.
Thanksgiving day I'll be 36 weeks and that weekend is my family's Thanksgiving dinner.  In the middle of nowhere.  Well, there's hospitals but not very good ones.  I wouldn't want to be stuck out there to deliver my Babe while trying to do a vbac.  I just don't feel that's safe.
So be praying for us if you think about it.  About the vbac (which I really want to do but am terrified of the risks), traveling, comfort with how much longer I'm suppose to go, missing my family.  I'm getting ready for this Babe to come.  Outwardly and inwardly.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm very curious so see who Daniel turns out more like as well! At least I probably won't be playing Barbies. Haha! I was never a girly girl who played with them either.
That's so great that your momma came though. I'd say that I can imagine chasing another kiddo around all day while pregnant...but I take care of 7 babies each day. LOL! I understand!! (Although I don't bring them home with me. :))

Well...if you don't make it til December, we'll have kiddos even closer in age!! This little guy dropped at 30 weeks and he's still in there...and somehow goes lower all the time. Isn't he eventually gonna fall out?! ;)

Good luck with Thanksgiving. I pray you'll find a way to make it work. When I came to Iowa for my shower my OB sent all of my paperwork and records thus far with me as a precaution since I'd be so far away. Then they wouldn't have to bother with taking forever to get them faxed. Of course, I would have been comfortable delivering in CR. Not sure about middle of nowhere hospitals!!

Okay...I think my comment just became a book. I do enjoy following your pregnancy journey though! :)

Kathy said...

I am sure your Momma misses you and A very much so nice she came to visit :) I loved being pregnant each time well maybe not so much with Liz because I was so sick for so long, but she was worth it as they all were. I will be praying for you Missy as you go into these final weeks. to