Saturday, November 05, 2011

Belle Notte... infused with lots of laughter

Tonight we had our Sweetheart Dinner at church.  Bryan and I hadn't planned on going except that we were asked to sing so we figured we should probably actually go to it as well.  Uh.. duh.
It was really sweet.  They had a couple that had been married for 65 years go up front and tell some ways of how they made it.  It was so cute to hear the words of wisdom they had, just how sweet they are on each other.
We also had a excellent meal accompanied by a string band that played wonderfully.  At one point they had us all get up and dance with our spouse. I think it was the first time Bryan and I had really danced since our wedding.  Maybe not, but it's the last time I actually remember.
However, I think my favorite part of the evening was sitting next to our best friends, Keith and Emily.  It's not a wonder why we all get along so well.  Emily is so much so Bryan's twin and Keith and I are so much alike which is why Emily and I get along so well as do the men.  We all get along swimmingly.
I love it.
I hadn't laughed so much in too long.  The comments that were made, the booty shaking that ensued, oh my goodness it was too much.  In fact, if there are any volunteers to babysit our kids once a week only to be paid in hugs and kisses (and maybe from the kids too) we will gladly accept applications.  Or just come and get them... well, as long as we know you :)

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Oh I am so glad you went! Sounds like it was a great evening! :)