Friday, November 04, 2011

Play Group Etiquette

I'm totally lame and didn't blog yesterday. Three days into November and I blew it! I'm ashamed. Ok, not really. I mean, I'm building a baby here! And as one lady put it, I'm doing the work of a mountain climber. And boy do I feel like it. I get tired getting dressed anymore! Hehe
Last night I went to my sister-in-law-in-law's (did you follow that ;) Norwex party. I've only ever heard great things about it but hadn't yet experienced it for myself. Pretty rockin' stuff but I didn't buy anything. I do plan on it, but with Christmas coming, I have to manage our money wisely.
At the beginning of the year I had planned on putting $30 from each paycheck into our savings to have for Christmas shopping. But then our missions trip to Ecuador happened, and that drained us. After that, I just couldn't get caught back up. Things kept coming up and more money went out. However, we're not hurting, not in the slightest. God has provided each of our needs. As He will continue.
First, new glasses for Bryan, new tires for the car, then Christmas, then the baby. It's all very good and exciting, just one thing at a time.

Today we were able to go to a sensory playgroup that only happens on the first Friday of every month. Since I had learned about it we managed to be gone or busy every time. But we weren't today, so I figured we better take advantage of it. It was very busy and crazy. Lots of kids, and each one with a parent, in a fairly small room. It was fun, though and I think A enjoyed it as well.
She was out of her element and stuck closely to me. I wasn't too concerned because she did get into the activities, just not so much the kids. However, there was one little girl that was around A's age who she interacted with a bit with the blocks.
The only problem that her and I have is when other little kids try to come over and take the things she's playing with. I don't want to offend another mother by asking her child to stop or saying "no,no". But at the same time I don't want to baby my child by constantly protecting her, so I do try to stay out of it a bit and tell her what she needs to do to handle the situation. It's slowly coming along, mostly because she doesn't interact with other children on a daily basis. Gotta love all the learning she and I must do as a parent and a child.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

It's a constant learning with Mother and child, even when you are a Gramma :) good for you to keep learning and helping her learn too

Rachel said...

I forgive you for not blogging yesterday. I almost didn't tonight because I feel drained. This baby building stuff IS getting hard. I did well up until the last week or so. Now I'm wearing down. My toenails need some serious work, but the thought of trying to reach them makes me wanna cry! Haha!

Glad you had a good time at the play group. I can imagine it's hard as the parent not knowing quite what to do. I'm so used to "Daycare-ized" kiddos that steal toys all the time. I call it Survival of the Fittest. Aother reason I want to stay home. But, I think that one of those grey areas. Each parent just has to decide what is best in the situation. Sounds like you did fine!

Anita - Soaring Eagle said...

You know if I had "A" every day, I would just soak up her "attitude", her facial expressions, and just wonder what she will be up to next. Of course I look forward to that on SONdays. She just cracks me UP!!! It will be interesting to see how she is after the baby comes.