Saturday, December 03, 2011

My gramma is cooler than your grandma.

Welp, I failed at the November blogging but I was out of town all of thanksgiving weekend and then my gramma was here to deep clean my house. And oh my word does it look amazing!! It seriously hasn't been this clean in 5 months ever since I started becoming more and more tired from being pregnant. Did you know that a pregnant woman does the same work as a mountain climber? At least that's what I heard but I sure wouldn't doubt it.
But anyway, my gramma (who's awesome aside from cleaning my whole house) offered to come up here to help get ready for the new Babe. She L O V E S to clean and clean she did. So when we left for home after thanksgiving we brought my gramma home with us. And in five days my house was as spotless as though no one lived here! It seriously would have taken me 2 weeks to get it as clean as she did.
We also decided to rearrange the house (again) for the girls. Since we had moved A upstairs a few months ago it just hadn't worked out and she was back downstairs in her old nursery turned office. The room is tiny enough but add two desks and a toddlers bed and it's cramped!
Well, gramma made it happen. Aside from a few too heavy boxes and my desk, her room is back to a bedroom and is almost set for both girls. A's at least set up and we'll soon have the new Babe set up but we won't have to worry about it for a while.
And since she made the bedroom happen that also means she made the upstairs back into a work space/play area/hang out room. She deep cleaned every room except our bedroom (didn't have time for that one), having swept, mopped, shined, scrubbed, wiped, vacuumed, and dusted. I think we're ready!
I had been telling Bryan that I really needed two of me. Well, she was it! She's that energetic, selfless, second set of hands that I desperately needed. so, even though I know she won't See this:
Thank you Gramma!! You are such a blessing to me and my little family!!

Someday I hope to be closer to all of them. I miss them so I think that would just be glorious.

Oh, and this is how cute and in love my grandparents are.. When we met my grampa half way, he was outside of the car (in the rain) anxiously awaiting her. He had a huge grin on his face and flowers in the car. Hehe. He even called 2-3 times a day while she was here just to say hi! Oh my word. Too sweet.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That's really cute that Grandpa was that excited to see her. I'm glad she still has the energy and ability to help you out the way she did. I'm sure it can't be easy being as pregnant as you are. Love you all! Looking forward to the new niece!

Kathy said...

Gotta love a Gramma who is as cool as yours! Blessings on her and your Grampa for sharing her ;) what a cute guy!