Friday, December 09, 2011

A new stage of life coming right up

Less than two weeks until my due date. Really? That's all? I mean, I realize that number isn't set and this babe could come earlier or cook for a while longer, it's just that it's crazy to think that I have tentatively two weeks left. Craziness.
I honestly think that I've kinda hurried this pregnancy along. Anxious for one milestone, then another, then another. And I've been so busy with A that I haven't just sat and focused on the reality that a new babe is really coming to join our family.
Life as we know it is nearing an end and a wonderful new chapter will be soon beginning. So scary. But I remember feeling this way before A arrived. Something new, different and exciting was gonna happen to our life as a couple and that was scary. Now we have a flow with the three of us and it's about to change.
Also, the reality of the birth is setting in. After an emergency c-section with A, I knew I really wanted a vbac if at all possible. It's hard to not feel disappointed in yourself for a c-section even if you did all you knew to do to get it right.
I don't know why I have the strong desire to have a vaginal birth other than that it's in my genetic makeup. But now that it's drawing near I'm becoming nervous. Nervous for all the what if's: uterine rupture and possibly dying or my baby dying, needing a repeat c-section and all the recovery that goes along with it, not being strong enough to do a vbac at all.
So insert September- Worrier Queen of all things to worry about, big or small, silly, or even non-existent.
I know this worry is legit, albeit small, and I also know there's nothing I can do about it but trust in God and go with the flow.
So with all the chaos throughout this pregnancy of life in general with a 3 year old, I took the time to stop and talk with the Babe last night. I won't say all that I discussed with her but I did tell her that I love her and that I'm ready and excited for her whenever she (and ultimately God) decides to come and greet us.
I'm sure it'll be a different but very good transition from a family of three to a family of four... Plus it'll be nice to finally reveal her name!

2 comments:

Anita - Soaring Eagle said...

We all look forward to seeing the new stage of your life", after all your family in VV is a family for us! Thank you for bringing another "Forbes" to share and love.

Kathy said...

Praying for you, dear September as your time comes for your new little girl to join you on the outside :)