Saturday, December 24, 2011

Sweet Baby Coos

I am currently in the hospital looking upon the sweet face of my second baby.
I'm in love.
She looks just like her older sister when she was born so I know she'll be just as beautiful. But most importantly is that she's here, her and I are both safe, and we are both bonding and falling more and more in love.
Baby V was born at 3:47 this am on Christmas Eve. After I struggled with the really bad make you wanna cry and scream contractions for a couple hours, after already dealing with contractions since the night before, I got an epidural while 5 cm dilated.
Thank the good Lord I did.
I was able to rest and relax letting my body become complete within only a couple hours. I was ready to push by about 3am. As with A, baby V's heartrate kept dropping, but after a I pushed with a contraction she had me move from side to side to get her heartrate back up.
By the time I hit my final push, the Doc had to do an episiotomy on myself and use the suction once on baby V. But I pushed with all I had and out came her head, then her body. It was almost surreal.
She had a BM in the womb so they had to take her right away to the warming table but I got her pretty quickly, getting to hold her skin-to-skin while the Doc stitched and cleaned me up.
7 lbs 3 oz and 20 inches long. Light brown hair and dark dark blue eyes.

2 comments:

Phlee said...

Just as with Amelia, this precious little girl could not ask for two more loving families to be born into. As she is blessed to have all of us, we are very blessed to have her. Love you all!

Anita - Soaring Eagle said...

So looking forward to meeting her!