Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Where did the month go?


December is tomorrow.

What?!!

Yeah, I know, right!? So where did the year go? Sometime I'll have to do a recap of each month but I've got limited time on the computer so it'll just be quick.
I've finished painting my living room, dining room, kitchen and breakfast nook. I knew I should have taken pictures when my house was the cleanest it has been in way too long, and now it's messy. I did manage a couple pics of the breakfast nook and the back of the bookcase. But I'd like to get a few more of the rest of the house. I'll do my darndest to get it photo worthy today.

We had Thanksgiving with Bryan's folks on the actual day. It was fun. Mom and I brought crafts to work on which meant lots of girl time with the only three girls in the fam that are over the age of 2. A just ran around with the uncles and took a nap while us girls decorated sugar cookies. And of course I didn't take a picture of the whole lot of finished ones. Brent created a loot load. He was going to town.

My very chocolatey Cookies. They were yummy.


The most creative. Take note of the dismembered Santa done by Bruce,
the naked Santa done by Alyssa, and the Tree at Night by yours truly.


I tried my hand at making purple icing but failed miserably. It turned out black.
So Brent went nuts making Death Creations.
However, the most really awesome Santa is mine. Can you see the skull?


My Snowman Family (awwwww)



Bruce's Blue Man Group
(and of course I didn't take any pictures of his "Art inspired" cookies.)


Then we moved on to the ribbon trees that I brought. I didn't get a chance to take pictures of those. 2/3 of the way through we get a call from our friend Keith saying Em is having abdominal pains and is going to the ER. He asked us to take J for a bit and we offered to keep him over night. So we had to leave. Priorities but I'll take a photo of my tree later on.

Then we went down to my grandparents for Thanksgiving weekend. It was crazy. We ended up playing a game that my sister and her hubby suggested. It was too much fun. It had 5 games in one. My team won- Go Team!!
Too much pie and loads of turkey later, we headed home on Sunday.

We'll head back down to the farm for New Years. Then we'll celebrate a b-day, Christmas, and New Year's all in one shot. I'm excited for it all!! Now, I need to finish Christmas shopping...

1 comment:

Anita - Soaring Eagle said...

Man, looking at those cookies - now I am so craving CHOCOLATE cookies! How fun though doing that I am sure - well with people who have talent for those sort of things - I am NOT one of them. I bet I would buy some if you made them for Mrs. Kringle's store - is that what it is called?