Thursday, November 25, 2010

25 Things I'm Thankful For.

Thanksgiving sometimes seems to get overlooked being so close to Christmas. And with all the hubbub of finding the right gift, only-so-many-more-days-to-buy-buy-buy, and Black Friday being right after the day of Thanks, the Turkey day seems to get glossed over or becomes a second thought.
So, because of Thanksgiving Day, I thought I'd take a moment to count my blessings, if you will.

1. My husband. He is wonderful. He's human and knows he has faults, but he tries his darndest and works hard at trying to be like Christ each day. He is also good because he knows I have faults and loves me in spite of them.

2. My baby girl. Who's not so much a baby anymore seeing as how she is 2 and 2 months. She's so smart, and kind, loving, compassionate and polite. She's a wonderful kid and I am blessed as a mom to have her as mine.

3. My extended family. They are amazing and I'd have lost my way a long time ago if it wasn't for their love and direction.

4. My in-laws. They've taken me in as their own, love me, care for me, and I'm proud to have them as my second mom and my dad.

5. My dearest friends. They may as well be family.

6. My church family. They are loving, gracious, supportive, generous and encouraging. It's lovely to see a church body really strive to be like Christ. We fail continuously and everyday but it's wonderful to know that we are trying.

7. The roof over my head. It may not be much, but it's sweet, cozy and home.

8. The clothes on my back. I don't have many and lately, it's by choice. Freedom right there.

9. The food in my belly. We are never in want or in need. He blesses us each day with our daily bread.

10. The car we drive. We only have one and sometimes we could use another but we have what we need.

11. My hubby's job. We are blessed with a job he loves, people he really enjoys working with, and being able to work from home. Not to mention, I don't have to work because of it which brings me to...

12. Being able to stay at home with my girl. And not having to miss a single moment with her.

13. Our stinky dog and snooty cat. Hubby loves the dog, the cat loves me. We all win. I think.

14. A warm comfy bed to curl up in at night. It may not be as big as we'd like but it holds us both (and the cat) and all is well.

15. Art. I love it. It feeds my soul and makes me happy.

16. Snow. I know, I know. People will think I'm crazy for this one, but I love it and I can't help it.

17. Sleep. It renews me, energizes me, and there is nothing like waking up to the sound of rain, the sun shining on your face, or to a fresh blanket of snow.

18. Photography. Yes I know this is considered art, but there is something separately special about it. Snapping photos and never knowing if you really got a good one until you get the chance to look them over. Then you're surprised at how many good ones you really ended up with.

19. Age. With age, usually comes wisdom. That is if you're willing to learn.

20. Stories. Stories bring up memories and vice versa. There's nothing like talking about some old memories that capture you and drag you into the story.

21. My grandparents farm. Although I was heartbroken when they moved from their last house, I have grown to love the farm. It has acreage of grass that waves in the setting sun, wondrous smells, and some of my favorite people. It's a place that warms to heart and feels like I've come home.

22. Dancing. Such freedom in dancing.

23. Music. Sometimes you just don't know how to express yourself until you've heard just the right song. It can bring you to tears, make you laugh, bring you to your knees, and make you stop and think.

24. Laughter. There is just nothing like laughing until you cry. Or cackle.

25. Last, but certainly not least, my Jesus. I'm thankful that he loves me and I don't have any years without his love and support. I'm thankful he's always held me in his arms whether I wanted him to or not. I'm thankful for my faith and hope in Him.

2 comments:

Anita - Soaring Eagle said...

Great post!!!

Kathy said...

I am thankful for your thankfulness listed here.

I love you