Sunday, November 14, 2010

Shoes!

I love shoes.
They rock my world.
No matter what size clothes I wear, how I'm feeling that day, whatever- Shoes always fit and they always make me feel good. And they make me happy.

On Saturday, we went shoe shopping for Bryan. We had done so a few days before but Bryan was undecided after a couple of stores (Kohl's and Famous Footwear) as well as we needed to return home to our kiddo before my sister had to leave for work. So, we went back out... with our kiddo. We hit almost every shoe store in the mall and ended up returning back to the sister store of Famous Footwear where we found him some shoes.
He ended up getting a pair of running shoes, pumas, look nothing like he would ever buy on his own. But, if you knew how he dressed himself before we started dating and now, well, let's just say I've had an influence on him. A good one, mind you, but one nonetheless.
I was also on the hunt for some new sneakers. Mine had given up. I think I've walked and exercised and loved them to death over the last three years. They've been good to me. But it was time for some new ones to love to death.
So, in every store that Bryan looked, I looked for myself after finding him every option to possibly try on that I thought he would like. I had no luck either. I had a couple considerations but then finally found some shoes that were the girl version of the pair he finally chosen. However, they had a purple stripe but were a shade of gray that Bryan thought looked dirty. So I didn't get them.
Hey, he asked for my opinion and took it, so I did the same.
I was bummed, but, whatevs. I'd find something. So after buying him some new shoes, we headed home so A could nap.
I headed back out on my own back to Kohl's where I found some shoes I thought I'd give another shot. They were "eh" and I wasn't in love, but I bought them and took them home. Turned out I really didn't like them. They were cute but they were tight and leather.
I didn't want to have to worry about breaking a pair of shoes in. Especially not after Bryan kept gushing about his new shoes that felt like slippers and were a perfect fit from the get go. Jealous!
I kept thinking how I liked the girly version of Bryan's shoes. Then I remembered that I did try on another pair at the first FFW that were white with pink. So today I returned my leathery, harder-than-crap, didn't-want-to-have-to-break-them-in shoes and went back to the first FFW. I found those white with pink pumas and I bought them. I think they're just great. However, they run a bit small, but that's all right. They had my "extra" size.

So, here, I thought I would share a few of my favorite shoes:


On the left are my new shoes!! On the right are not my "just loved to death" sneakers but these are my beloved Adidas that I've had since about 8th grade. That's right folks, 12 years. But they are still so comfy, don't smell, look a little warn, yes, but, they're my go-to shoes.
Thank you, my Adidas.



My favorite high heels. Fav Or Rite. Love. On the left are my sequined gold shoes. I debated a bit when I was trying them on because I didn't know if I'd have anything to go with them. Turns out they go with a lot. And I love them. I do have to take special care of them, though, so the sequins don't get ruined.
In the middle are my beloved black shoes. They are pinstripe, sophisticated, and gorgeous dahling.
And on the right are my brown pin-ups as I like to call them. Or my 1940's inspired, because of the way the fabric covers the entire shoe. I've had all three shoes for more than three years. Love, love, love my shoes.



And lastly, my biker boots. These make me feel tough, rough and like I could go jump out on my bike (as though I had one {someday!}) and go for a ride. These are my don't-mess-with-me boots. My sweetie got them for me last year for my birthday and I still think they're awesome.

So, to recap: I don't choose my shoes lightly, I love them til there is no more loving to give them without a hole through their sole, and I'll wear them forever.

Have I mentioned I love flip-flops too?

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Totally loved this. Your posts make me smile. I'm glad the you were finally able to find a pair that you liked (loving the pink by the way). On a side note, if you went to the FFW in Lindale, you probably made my friend happy. She's the manager there and has been posting about her new store for a couple of weeks now! :)

Your shoes are all so cute. I don't have an eye like you for shoes. I just go buy a cheapie pair. LOL! I'm lame.

Anita - Soaring Eagle said...

Love the shoes there! I too like shoes - I found the Sketchers are my best bet for now. I too have a pair that I truly love and they are very old - not quite old as yours though. My tennis shoes usually wear out on the toe - one little boy told me to "cut my toe nails" - I laughed so hard. I do cut them though, my big toes must just stick up...I don't know how you wear those heals! I am thinking about purging some of my shoes by the way...thank you Kim. :)