Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas of 2003

Bryan and I had been together since May of this year. I was in my third semester of college and was working as a waitress until October, so I had very little money. Bryan was working for his dad at the time. He was able to put a lot of money into savings and had a really great truck! My dream truck.
But, that's another story.
So, one weekend while I was visiting Bryan, close to the Christmas holiday, he told me that he was going to give me my present early. I argued because I don't like opening gifts early and there really wasn't any reason because we were going to be spending the holidays together anyway. But, he convinced me it was for a good reason.
On Friday night, Bryan tells me what my gift is: He was going to pay for the presents that I picked out for my family.
So, on Saturday morning, we headed to the bank and he pulls out a nice chunk of change. I asked if he really needed that much and he said that he wanted me to be able to pick out whatever I wanted for each of my family.
Out we went. In one day, we got each of my family a gift and Bryan managed to pick out his own family's as well.
Come Christmas day, it was wonderful watching every open their gifts. We even got "chewed" out for buying my grampa a gift. He thought it was too expensive but we argued that that was my Christmas present and that's what we wanted to get for him. So there. :)

Best Christmas present, ever.

No comments: