Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Three Months Yesterday

I was going to blog yesterday but I only found time for one post and it wasn't even that long! I think it took me a minute and a half to write.
So anywho...
3 months.. can you believe it?? Oh, sorry. Amelia is three months (and a day, now). So let's update:

  • She can hold her head up really well now
  • She follows us with her eyes as we move around the house
  • We're working on tummy time but she still doesn't really dig it
  • She gets really excited when we are getting ready to change her diaper/clothes -- kicking her legs
  • She fusses to stand and she stands really well.. dancing and such when she's up
  • She's getting a schedule down
  • She goes to sleep at 8pm, eats at 10pm, 4am and 6am -- so not too bad, we're working on it
  • She's almost has a laugh happening -- right now it comes out as one "ha" mixed in with a sqeal
There's probably more but 9:47 is still early for me so I'll just have to add more in future posts.

So, yesterday, we got a lot of snow. Yay. I always enjoy snow. I don't mind driving in it (since I'm from Iowa and we have gotten snow every year since we've moved here ;) but I do always like it better when I don't have to go anywhere.
I did manage to get some laundry done yesterday. All of it, in fact, made it to the washer at least. Bryan was lovely enough to put it into the dryer for me this morning.
Last night, Amelia was off. I'm not sure what was wrong but she didn't go to sleep at 8, but sneaked past her bedtime hour and stayed awake until 10. She was so upset that she was crying so I sang her our song. Yeah, we have a song. When I was pregnant with her I would sing to her His Eye Is On The Sparrow so that is what I started singing to her last night. And it worked like a charm. After a few moments of singing it to her I took her into her room to change her diaper. As we were heading in there she started to calm. By the time I laid her on the changing pad she was happy as a clam. Smiling, kicking and no fussing or crying. She just kept on as I sang to her. After changing her diaper I put her in her bassinet and it took her a half an hour to fall asleep. You'd be proud though, when she fussed a bit I didn't take her out, I just gave her her paci back, or rocked her bassinet. I did want to take her out and cuddle with her when she still wasn't falling asleep but "drawing" with her finger on the wall of her bassinet. But she fell asleep quickly then so did I. She didn't have a great night of sleep but it wasn't bad.
So anyway, that's my Amelia story of the day. Right now she is sleeping peacefully in her swing so I should get some laundry folded and put away.

No comments: