Thursday, December 04, 2008

I haven't talked much about Amelia lately...

She's "talking" a lot more. Lots of "ooh" and "ooh, ooh, ooh" as well as "ahHh." She talks a lot. Not kidding. She talks to the television a lot. This is what she says:
"Oooh. Ooh. Ooh, ooh, ooh. OoOoh."
Something like that. :)
Not to forget the fake coughing that she's perfected. If the oohing and ahing doesn't get my attention then she'll "cough" until that does. It's soo cute.

She's holding her head up a lot more. We'll help her to stand and sit and she'll just look around. Her head is wobbling a lot less and she can hold it up a lot longer.
She's also fascinated with the lights and fans. If she starts fussing we'll just show her one, the other or both and her eyes are right there. I can also soothe her by singing to her. She'll smile really big.

Speaking of, she smiles a lot now. Tons. All I have to do is smile, talk or look her way and she'll get this big ol' smile on her face. She hasn't quite gotten to the point of laughing yet but it's getting close. When she smiles she'll shake her head like she's wanting to laugh but it's just followed by a bigger smile. Sometimes a happy "cough" or an "oOoh."

We're sort of getting into a schedule. She'll go to sleep about 8. Wake up at 10 to eat. Twice again in the middle of the night. Awake at 7 or 8. Nap at 10 or 11 for a couple of hours then again at 1 for about 3-5 hours. Asleep again by 8 or 9. Not too bad.

She's also a cuddler. When she takes her morning nap, I'll lie with her on the couch. Mainly because I don't feel like getting up and getting ready yet. So she'll snuggle into me and fall asleep. I love it. I know pretty soon she'll have to nap in her crib.
She's still in her bassinet but for two reasons A) I'm not ready to put her in another room to sleep, yet. and B) she still wakes up to eat twice a night. She gets thrown off so much that her schedule keeps taking a set-back.

She's nearly 2 months and 3 weeks and growing like a weed. She's already out of her 0-3 months clothes. It feels like it went quick but I think that's because she was in NB for a month and a half or so. Today I put her in a 3-6 month.

::sigh:: She'll be sitting up before we know it.

No comments: