Thursday, January 01, 2009

Christmas of 2008

Christmas was great.
This year was the year of the Forbes so we headed over there Christmas morning. Everyone got wonderful thoughtful gifts including a Cuddlebug for myself, a gaming chair for Bryan and some new toys for Miss Amelia.
I made a scrapbook of Bryan's first year and got to give that to his mama. She cried many happy tears. I always chalk that up to a great gift. It doesn't matter how much you spent on it- money or time, but how happy it makes them. Even his dad teared up a bit. I was a little sad to part with it because Bryan was such a cute baby and I enjoyed looking at his pictures but I am so glad that his mom enjoyed it, so all is well in my book.
Really, the overall day was wonderful. Everyone hung out in the tv room.. all day. It was wonderful. We watched movies, put the anual Christmas puzzle together and talked. It was great that everyone was there and we managed to stay in the same room rather than wandering off to our own little corners.
Amelia even had a good day. I made her take a good nap after two quicker ones and also slept in relatives arms for a time. We have some very cute pictures of her in the Santa hat that I believe has become a new tradition as well as new pj's every year. Maybe I'll actually be able to manage some pictures...

Friday we headed down to my side of the family. We weren't planning on it but we opened gifts that night. Bryan and I walked away with a new bed spread that was cross-stitched by my great grandma and quilted together by my grama.
Saturday we played games. All day. Literally. We had such a good time hanging out. There was also a bad ice/snow storm so we really didn't have anything else to do or anywhere else to go.
Sunday, there were two other babies at church. One being a mere week old. He was so tiny and his fingers were so long. Cute, cute.
Monday, we headed home.. with Courtney. She is helping me out. I really want to get things done and organized but need help with some things including watching Amelia. We are almost finished painting Amelia's room. Bryan is finishing up the ceiling trim then I will pain 4' tulips on the walls. It looks sweet already.
Now it's time to take down the tree and put away all the Christmas stuff. I can no longer handle the clutter. In fact, along with the Christmas stuff I will be decluttering miscellanious items as I go. I think this means that I need to buy more totes...

No comments: