Monday, January 26, 2009

3 shots, a cold and a 5 hour nap

This morning I woke up feeling miserable. I officially have a cold. All the telling myself that I wasn't sick didn't pay off and I feel like someone sat on my face. I have plugged sinuses, a scratchy throat, stuffy/runny nose and fuzz in my head.
In spite of all that, Amelia had an appointment this morning. She didn't gain much, close to 2 pounds. That's good though cause she's healthy and growing like a weed but I need her as light as possible since I still carry her around. So she's now 15.8 lbs.
I'm trying to recall how much to grew but I think I'll have to edit that in later because I'm sick and in bed and I don't feel like moving. That's my prerogative.
She also got three more shots. Technically four but one was oral, so she didn't mind it so really it doesn't count. The other three she did mind, however. Not good. It didn't help that we had been waiting for 45 minutes and it was nap time.
She took it, cried for a minute or so and still managed to smile at the nurse while I was holding her. She's so sweet and kind. I hope that it's permanent.
We finally got home about noon. I crawled in to bed and slept til 20 til 2 when Bryan came down with a fussy baby. He had a deadline at 2 so he apologized and gave her to me. I fed her, gave her some more tylenol and then we fell asleep until 5. Well, I woke up at 5. Amelia slept a bit longer.. 5:30ish.
I was suppose to give Miesh some drawing lessons today at 4 so I went upstairs to ask Bryan if he heard fro Keith. Since I didn't mean to sleep past 4 I hadn't called Keith to cancel. But he called and Bryan let him know that I was sick.
For the rest of the evening I did manage to bathe Amelia, shower myself, finish the valentines cards for my Grama (another story) and put the babe to bed at a quarter til 8 with minimal fuss. Woot.

I'm just hoping we didn't get the Buchheit's sick. Well, we would have contributed if anything. Mr. Jamie is the sickness instigator. So we'll just blame the sweet faced, green eyed, hunk of a four year old.

1 comment:

Danger Haley said...

Hey! I just realized that I never reply to peoples blog comments and then thought, "Maybe they think I'm blowing them off..." so here I am officially making it known that you have not been blown off.
Kiss has been good but slow starting for me. My week was much busier than I thought and so I haven't gotten to read as much as usual.
How's the baby? And your wonderful husband?