Sunday, January 18, 2009

This last week at the Forbes'

This last week was somewhat un-exciting... to say the least. Since it was so cold out (windchill hitting lower than -40), Bryan works from home and I had nowhere to go, we stayed in. Nice and in.
Bryan did go and get us some groceries on Friday. We were bare. Old Mother Hubbard bare.
Well, he's cute. I sent him out for a few necessities and he also came home with donuts, soda, crackers, summer sausage... I quickly forgave him, though, because he said he wanted to make dinner. And it was tasty.
Saturday, Bryan's parents came by to hang out for a bit (mostly to see Amelia). That's quite all right. They're good people and we enjoyed sitting and talking with them for a couple of hours.
At 4:50 we were out the door heading out tooshies to the Pitts'. Back in September Rachel, Jacob, Bryan and I went in on their birthday gifts getting them two gift cards. One for dinner and the other for a movie. And yes, we just got to fufill it. We waited for Jacob to be in town to do it and I'm glad we did. He was very entertaining... and good with the kids. That's always good.
We all had a good time. It was fun hanging out with Rach and Jacob, the kids were good and only got one swat to the booty, and we were happy to give Emily and Keith a night out with each other. They enjoyed it (and needed it so much) Bryan and I decided we're going to try to do that for them more often. Give them a night out, that is, but not pay for it each time. I think we'd go broke. However, I'm sure they'd just be happy to get out.
Church was good and fun. Keith preached and had a good message, Andy did well leading worship and it was good to see JoAnna and Emily up there again. Afterwards, we got to sit around for cake and coffee. I passed up on both but enjoyed the company of many of the good ladies.
Amelia was more than ready to go home and to sleep but Jolene managed to get her to take a nap. She wanted to take her home but I think she'd quickly regret that when her own arrives. Two kids under the age of 6 months.. can you imagine?

Speaking of Amelia and her sweet little four month old self: Although I already reported in my headache confusion, she is reaching for her toes now. Well only on her left foot. She hasn't put them in her mouth yet and it seems to be the only thing. Everything has been going into her mouth. She's drooling and chewing a lot. I'm not sure there are teeth coming in quite yet cause I'm not feeling anything. However, I understand that it's fast approaching and I'm very sad. She's just so cute as a gummy baby.
She hasn't quite rolled over yet. She can't seem to manage the top leg over her bottom leg and the arm underneath gets in the way.
She will also squat and stand on her own (if you hold her upright). Bryan is so very proud of his daughter. He'll show anyone who will watch. I, on the other hand, will make her walk towards me. She's been doing this since Christmas. It's crazy how she will actually take steps rather than drag and or not put her feet into a walking motion but a stepping in place motion.
She is super super super. And I love her.
We are down to eating twice a night, which is good. But it's slow going napping in her crib. There's always something where I want her to nap well and it's not in the crib. She did nap 4 out of 7 days last week in her crib. They may have only last 45 minutes to an hour. I'll try more this week.
However, we do have bed time down for the most part. She'll fall asleep with me, I'll put her in our room and if she wakes up, we just soothe her back to sleep. I won't bring her back out. It's a habit I could easily fall into because I want to so I won't let myself do it. And it's ok because with that determination she is going to sleep on her own more and more. And at 8 o'clock! Woot.

No comments: