Wednesday, January 09, 2013

A relatively normal post.

It seems like the flu and colds are going around.. and around and around.  I think our household was sick twice through.  It seemed to start with me as well as end it with me and it all began back in October.  I think.  Anyway, it was long.  And the second time through was a doozy.  I haven't had a knock-me-down-n-out kinda cold for a few years so I guess I had it coming, but geesh.

Aside from all the sickness, Christmas was good and fun.  It was interesting trying to figure it all out with V's birthday on Christmas Eve but we got it.  Sorta.  I'll have it better figured out next year.  I hope, anyway.
We started out with my side of the family.   We were missing a few family members as well as non-family members.  We usually have a few non-relations join us for festivities.  And it's a joyous good time!  But not this year and that's okay too.  We watched movies, played games, hung out, ate too much junk food.. Ugh.
After a few fun filled days there we came home for a day and then went on to Bryan's side of the family.  We spend a good three days there with everyone which was also too much fun.  However, I think it's where we got the second dose of sickness.  (It's okay Vera, Aunt Seppy still loves you!!)
It was still a lot of fun and good times, puzzle doing, hanging out, chit chatting over tea, too much good food.  Mmm.  My mil's mashed potatoes.. so very good.
New Year was uneventful.  The girls went to bed as normal and Bryan and I tried catching up on Once Upon A Time.  It was lame.  And then I remembered four years ago we hung out with all of our friends for NYE.  It was a blast.  Sometime we'll do it again.  Maybe V won't be such a light sleeper by the time she's two.  Anyway- Yay 2013!  Bring it on!
However, we did have a great NY day ringing it in with our friends the Pitts.  Yummo food!  And I was good and stuck to my goals. (Which are going great, thank you for asking :)
And on Wednesday night we had our long lost friends the Lloyd's over!  We haven't seen them in the 6 months since they moved to Texas.  It was great to see them.
Anyway, Christmas is down and put away and my house is feeling normal again.  I've gotten back on my routine and the house is getting cleaner and cleaner.
So, now it's time to start preparing for next Christmas.  Isn't that the way it goes?

2 comments:

Rachel said...

It's funny. We drove home from the in-laws on New Year's Eve night and then watched TV and went to bed before midnight. I said to Jacob, "Remember the New Year's Eve night at Dave and Jolene's?" That was so much fun.
Hey...if you organize it for next year and are still in Iowa, maybe we can road trip back to Iowa for it! :)

September said...

If we're still here, I will! :)