Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Happy New Year

It's 2013 Folks!!  Wowza.  I can hardly believe we don't have flying cars yet!  I remember the end of 1999 and thinking how scary the 21st century was going to be because flying cars and all the spacey stuff would soon follow the turn of the century.  But here we are.  Flying carless.
Anywho.
This year I'm going to try to better myself.

1. Give up sweets.
Hi, my name is September and I'm a chocoholic.  I've done it before, gave up anything sweets related that I was addicted to.  6 months.  I can do it again.  And I'm going to by the grace of God because, my goodness, I just can't seem to get ahold of myself.  I wish I were one of those people that could just have a taste once a day and then be done.  But no, I have to have a taste, eat the rest, and then lick the dish.  I also turn to chocolate when I'm stressed instead of turning to prayer.  So, things have got to change.

2. Go grain free.
I'm sure I've mentioned before that I have hypo-thyroid.  Well, I've done some research and have found that gluten can greatly increase the difficulty of thyroid function when it's already not working very well.  So, although I'm not going to go completely gluten free, I am going to go grain free and as gluten free as possible.  It always works when I go on the Maker's Diet, which now it all makes sense because of the lack of grains.  But this time I'm going to just stay away from grains and eat a ton more veggies and fruits.  Nothing to hard or difficult.  I've gotta make these resolutions easy so I still with them!

3. Exercise more.
It's not that hard, just get up and get moving for a half an hour or so to get the blood pumping.

4. Read through the Bible in a year.
The Pastor of our church has a plan all set up and all we have to do is follow it. I've already done mine for today.  Not too bad.  Although I may have either wake up before the girls do (which is no easy task for me) or read it before I go to bed.  One way or another, it'll get done.

5.  Better wife, better momma.
I just want to keep improving and be the best to which my family deserves.

All in all, easy resolutions.  Nothing too hard, nothing too fancy.

No comments: