Tuesday, July 17, 2012

3/30 Things: Parents

{To know what I'm talking about and to see previous posts, start here}

3. Describe your relationship with your parents.

Momma
We'll start with my mom because that's much easier. Since it was just her to raise us we all had a unique relationship with her. She was/is always a good mom but she also became our friend. The mom card did always trump the friend card but we never held it against her because we knew she had to do what she had to do.
She's a wonderful mom. I still go to her for advice and counsel. I love calling her for no reason when I have absolutely nothing to talk about so we talk about silly things like food, or my kid jumping on the couch and she won't stop so what do I do?, and our newest craft project.
I try to be like her when parenting my children. Well, a combo of her, my aunt Kimmy, and my gramma all rolled into one. She's always kind but firm to my sassy Miss A so I try to be the same. Doesn't always work but I try.
I love hanging out with her because she's a lot of fun and good company. Whenever we get together we like to go shopping, even if for nothing in particular, because she has good taste. Even if our taste don't mesh I still appreciate hers because it's good and she usually gives me an idea for myself.
I. Love. Her. because she's awesome. And she is more than we could have ever hoped for in a momma.

Him.
It's, unfortunately, non-exsistent. He doesn't want one and made it so after Bryan and I got married. He's made it very clear too. It's sad. I've never known what it's like to have a daddy. Never been able to crawl onto his lap in comfort as a child. Never got to have the relationship that others got to have. I have no idea what it's like. So, sadly, the relationship's not there. I pray for him because otherwise it hurts too much to not to. I pray that one day he'll come around. That one day he'll realize all he has done. And that one day he'll try to make things right.
One day.

No comments: