Monday, July 30, 2012

10/30 Things: Embarrassing Moment


{To know what I'm talking about and to see previous 30 Things posts, start here}



10. Describe your most embarrassing moment

This one is a little tough.  I actually had to think on this one for a few days to see if I could remember the most embarrassing but all I can come up with is the latest one.

Last Fall there was a bunch of construction on a frequently used and busy street that I used often.  One day on my way home from a store I saw a funeral procession coming the opposite direction of me.  I was raised that you stop out of respect for a funeral procession, by pulling over to the side of the road.  Well, since there was construction, two of the four lanes were closed for repair but I pulled over anyway.  As I was pulled over a construction worker kept waving at me to get moving again.  I thought it'd be rude to go again even though I knew I was stopping a huge line of traffic.  After the funeral procession had ended I went ahead and started going again towards the man waving me on.  I rolled down my window and said "Don't you know that it's out of respect to stop for a funeral procession?" And he replied telling me that it was except for on four lane roads or something to that effect.  I was already having a bad day and that made me so embarrassed and frustrated that I cried home.  I had no idea if I was right in stopping or not on the road that I was on.  I felt horrible that if I wasn't suppose to that I had held up a whole bunch of people on a busy road.  I still feel a little embarrassed and hope that I'm not remembered as the idiot who held up a huge line of traffic on a busy road with construction for a funeral procession.  
Eesh.

No comments: