Friday, June 10, 2011

I hope to not see those people again. No offense.

Yesterday morning I needed to go back into the dentist. On Tuesday I noticed that my tooth had turned a slight gray especially near the gum line. Made me a little nervous so on our way to the pool I called the office. They asked that I came in right away to look at it just to make sure it was alright.
Sweet A was such a sport. Although she was so excited to go swimming, she was good to let me go to the dentist right quick. She even wanted to sit in the chair and have the nurse look at her teeth too! Guess it's passed time to get her in to see one.
So, yesterday I went back in unsure of what they were going to do exactly, nervous I'd have to go through those shots again. Turns out I did. My dentist wanted to go back into it and make sure there was nothing causing the graying.
They left the topical cream on longer to try to help numb my gum a little better. It did help. No tears this time. The dentist reopened it, took out all the filling and cleaned my tooth a little better. She rechecked it and didn't find anything which is good.
She refilled it, closed it up, and the nurse took an x-ray. It turns out she did a better job this time in filling it so it's a good thing I went back in. I guess ;)
Now, in a year we'll know the results. Praying for good results. Then, if it's all good, I'll get a crown on my tooth and it'll look all pretty. But for now I'll settle for a brand new, nicer and more matching filling.

***

A week from Friday we leave for Ecuador. We are still $700 short of being able to go on the trip and another $1000 to give to the orphanages. We're all a little behind on our goals, unfortunately.

Please be praying that we reach our goal. My heart really wants to go visit these children.

No comments: