Monday, June 06, 2011

Monday, May 23

Today I had my first ob appointment. I've been waiting nearly three weeks for this because I'm anxious for more confirmation and for all the baby stuff to start.
It does seem that I am right on target at 9.5 weeks and will be due Dec 22. This poor child will be a Christmas baby. That's all right. My uncle Jon survived and now so will this one. Except for birthday parties. Darn. Oh well, we'll figure it out. :)
My doc did search for the heartbeat today but she said it would be unlikely since I'm only 9 weeks. She was right but we'll try again in another 4 weeks.
I also had to do the dreaded blood work. 5 viles worth. When I was pregnant with A I got really sick when they did this. I even had the trash can on my lap because I really thought I was going to get sick. However this time the needles just hurt. She tried my left arm and couldn't get the blood to flow so then she had to do my right. Owie. And she's normally so good too!
After my appointment was all said and done I headed on back to my mom-n-law's. I dropped A off before my app so I needed to go get her ;) Plus she wanted to work on her dad's photo album using Snapfish. However, after deciding that we should wait for everyone's pictures, we decided to go and eat instead. Good idea! I was starving :)

And then tonight I had my d-group. We decided Red Robin would be a good way to end our meetings for the summer. I did suggest we meet once a month just to hang out and catch up and they all liked that idea. I do too. I'll be sad not to see those girls up to 3x a week but once.
I had been debating telling my girls (not thinking tonight was really the last night of our meetings) but then Holly asked if anyone had any exciting news. She was a little hyped up on her coke (she had 2 before our food even got there) and said she didn't care what just anything exciting. So I said, "Well, I'm pregnant" and they all became very excited and started asking all the questions people always ask when they here someone's pregnant. They were all so darling.

So now that those closest to us know first, I think we're gonna start announcing it to everyone. Now, how will we do it is the question...
After dinner they all wanted to go to Best Buy to take pictures of themselves on the computers. Since we has a bit of time I agreed. They were all so goofy. I just love those girls.

No comments: