Monday, June 06, 2011

All caught up.

So we've announced our pregnancy and we are 11.5 weeks, 12 on Thursday. Time is going faster than I thought it would. I guess it's because I wanted to get to the second trimester quickly. Don't get me wrong, this time around the first trimester has been way easier than it was with A. With her, i was nauseated for the first four months until Bryan and I had a bout of food poisoning. Then that was that.

This last weekend we went down to the farm. It always feels like home when we're there. I'd love to be closer to them and the slow calmness of it all. Maybe someday.
Poor A and I were suffering from allergies the entire time. What a way to spend the weekend! But she had so much fun with her aunts and gramma and great grandparents.
Great grampa took A for lots of rides on the four wheeler and re hen the lawn mower. She LOVED that. Her aunts and gramma took her out to see the horses and walked around. and great gramma took her out to see the baby chickens. Her daddy and I try to relax when we're there so we're thankful for family who loves our baby.

Today I had a root canal on my front tooth. When I was about 8 or 9 I slipped and fell face first on some ice and broke a good chunk of of it. A couple months ago I had to get the other top wisdom tooth pulled and when I did the dentist asked about my tooth. I told him about it, he took an x-ray and said I needed a root canal. Then after I fit the root canal he could put a brand new filling on it to make it look much nicer. Woot!
Scheduled appointment with the dentist two weeks later, I missed it. I rescheduled. Two weeks later I met the dentist. She took a look at it and decided it was worth a try but the outcome was uncertain. Scheduled for two weeks later, I found out we're pregnant so we have to push it back another 4 weeks so that I'm closer to the second trimester. Then today being thee day.
I tell you what, those shots hurt like a of a gun. Worst part ever. But I made it through with minimal tears. The canal had died at such young age that the canal was left huge so the end wasn't tapered like a normal tooth. They had to do a lot to fill it AND the filling went past my tooth and int my gums. I sure felt that.
After they were all done they took an x-ray to make sure it all looked good. The doc saw that my tooth looked like it fractured when I first initially broke it. She said that when that happened it should have split and caused an abcess and more than likely just fallen out. But what did happen is that it fractured but didn't separate so it simply healed. Thank you Jesus.
She was afraid the filling might have leaked through the fracture and if that happened then the chances were slim of saving the tooth. But the x-ray came back great. Woot! So now I've scheduled an appointment to have the filling fixed a week from this Thursday. Woo-hoo! Only 18 years after I initially broke it but there's a reason for everything and God is good.
So even though my tooth is throbbing I seem to be doing pretty well. Now we just hope and pray that the root canal takes then all will be well!

1 comment:

Anita - Soaring Eagle said...

Glad your "tooth" will be "saved". I hear you about tooth pain, I have hd 2 root canels - they are not fun! Also I have all my back teeth pulled, I have adjusted to chewing on my front teeth. Yes, you are blessed woman - so you should be! I love your attitude!