Saturday, June 18, 2011

Today is the day

We are leaving for Ecuador in less than four hours. Technically we're heading for Chicago first. Then we'll fly to Houston. Enjoy a nine hour layover, then fly to panama. Sit for another enjoyable 8 hour layover then finally fly to Quito (somewhere in) Ecuador.
I'm not nervous to fly. What I am nervous about is leaving my sweet 2 year old. She'll be in good hands with her grandma and grandpa, it's just the fact of being separated from her for more than a weekend. Then it's only 1 full day of not seeing her, this time 7 full days. I'm gonna cry. I know I'll be homesick for her.
I've been doing a lot of praying this week trying to prepare both our hearts. For her, that she'll stay busy, have lots and lots of fun, and stay safe. For me, that I'll stay focused on the project at hand, and enjoy myself with my hubby and good friends.

So please keep us in your prayers. I'm sure I'll have lots of stories and faces to share once we return.

Much love.

1 comment:

jkthatch said...

September ~ nights will be the hardest, but you will get through and Amilia will be safe. You and Bryan will have the time of your lives seriving our God and the people of Equador. Have a safe and wonderful trip. janet