Monday, March 02, 2009

What a weekend.

Forever, I have been wanting an area to do all of my crafting. A place where I could have all my things organized so I didn't have to drag around my tools to different areas of the house just to find a location that I could sit and craft. Thus resulting in a craft disaster area for days on end until I was finished with whatever I was doing. Sometimes it would take me twice as long just to finish a craft because of all the chaos.
Well, not anymore, folks. Bryan and I decided that it was time and for my Christmas present he was going to give me a desk. Keith offered to build one for me because he did such a darn good job on Emily's and it was way cheaper. We had to wait a couple of months because we got financially strapped but we got on a budget and we pinched our pennies getting the money worked out.
A week+ ago, Keith, Bryan and I went out, got all the material, dragged it back to Keith's and he got to work on it. I sat back and dreamed about my sketches magically being turned into the real life thing. Ok, not magically. Someone did have to work on it.
Come Saturday, my desk was finished, set up in my craft area, beautiful, functional. I got right to it, setting it up, getting all my crafts organized. I worked my butt off for two hours before heading out with Emily.
We stopped at Michael's where I managed to get a few craft things and things to help organize my things. After hitting Puddled Jumpers we made our way to Wal-Mart where I got a couple more things for organizing and Emily got groceries.
After returning home, my mom and sister were waiting on me.. sorta. Courtney was hanging out but my mom was already making good use of my new craft desk.
I organized some more and hung out with the clan.
Sunday, after church, some good food and naps, we hung out and got some flowers painting in Amelia's room. Her room is almost finished! Woot!
Mom and Court had to leave this morning, which was sad because I always miss them when they leave, but allowed me to get some things done. I finished painting the flowers, picked up the living room a bit and got a bird house painted.
Oh, and poor baby, Amelia got something in her eye which apparently hurt her really bad. She cried and couldn't open her eye. She kept rubbing it like crazy and it was getting all red. I grabbed a wet cloth and tried dripping water into the corner of her eye to wash it out. It wasn't working so I called Bryan down. He calmed her down, and me, and whatever it was finally worked it's way out. Ah! The torture of seeing your child in pain!
Oh, and last night, my mom and I decided to capture Amelia' s footprint in paint. Let me tell you, that was an experience. After we got the paint on her foot, pressed it and got an impression, we didn't know where to go from there. We had gotten too excited and didn't think far enough ahead. So, here we are, holding a painted baby foot looking at each other at what to do next. So, the genius' that we are, grabbed a plastic bag and wrapped it around her foot to do the next one. We did the next foot and grabbed another bag to wrap the newly painted foot. Imagine the thought of my daughter being carried downstairs with a grocery bag tied around each foot. She had fun splashing her feet in the sink as we hosed her down. It was an amusingly good time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw pictures of your new desk! Very cool!