Wednesday, August 29, 2012

An August Sum Up

I need to do a catch up!!  I'm so far behind... ugh.

August 3 Bryan and I celebrated our EIGHTH anniversary!  Huzzah!!  Since we were down at my mom's we celebrated by leaving the girls behind with gramma and going out for some BBQ.  And oh my word was it ever the most delicious amazingness.  In fact, it was so good that we went there again for lunch the next day.  Fan. Tast. Ic.

August 20 preschool started for Miss A.  They went ahead and put her with the 4 year olds even though she hasn't turned four yet.
If we were to stay here she would have to stay in this class for two years because she missed the cut off day by three hours.  That's alright though I suppose.  I'd rather her go three days a week for two years than two days a week for two years.
She's already loving it, and has already had a sick day.  She's learning so much and is making friends, which makes this mama happy.

August 24 Miss V turned 8 months!  EIGHT!!
She is only a little closer to crawling.  She's learned that she can move a foot underneath of her but doesn't really know what to do from there.  I'll lay her on her tummy, for the much needed tummy time that I neglected to give her sooner, and she will push herself backwards or in a circle but not forward, yet.
She's a champion circle maker!  She'll sit  and spin herself in circles with her feet.  Every now and again she will move backwards a bit but I don't think she'll do it on purpose.
And I think she's toying with the idea of pulling herself up to a standing position. She's not sure quite how to pull it off but she's definitely curious about it.
She'll also blow raspberries and is learning how to give kisses.
I think she's trying to add to her vocabulary of "dada" with "mama" but it's more of a "vava" since she's pulls her bottom lip while saying it.
Oh, and she's becoming a daddy's girl. Sweet thing,can't get enough of her daddy once she spots him. If he come downstairs for a quick bite or to use the restroom. He'll have to stop and spend a moment with her otherwise tears will ensue.
I don't need two daddy's girls though. One of them has to be a mama's girl!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

they can be both Mamma and Daddy's girls which I am sure they already are. Love the champion circle maker title :) that's cute! Seems like only yesterday Colton was doing stuff like that :/

Anita - Soaring Eagle said...

I have seen "Miss A and Miss V" loving their momma! I agree with Kathy on that.

Wow, happy "late" 8th anniversary. Doesn't the time just fly by. I keep thinking of Jerry and I being married for 22 years...