Tuesday, September 04, 2012

17/30 Things: I wish I was great

{To know what I'm talking about, and to see previous 30 Things posts, start here}


17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?

The first thing that came to my mind was to be a great mom.  Sure, I still hope and pray that I am/will be a great mom as I go along.  I hope that one day my kids will look at me like I look at my own mom and find themselves blessed to have me as their momma.  I hope and pray.  But I think the thing that I want to be the greatest at is to be an excellent example of God's love and grace.
I want to love like he loves, forgive like he forgives, give grace, show compassion, give like he does.  When people see my, I want them to see past me and to see Christ.  I want them to know Christ through me in the way I live.  
A couple of things I need to really work on so that I am more Christ-like is in the area of grace and forgiveness.  Sometimes it's easier than others, like when others ask for forgiveness but it's when they don't, that's where I have the trouble.  To give forgiveness when they don't ask, when they continue on as they are, doing what they're doing, acting as they shouldn't. Continuing on with life as though they haven't hurt me when they clearly did and I'm still hurting and holding onto it even though they've clearly moved on!  
sigh
That's when I need to forgive just as Christ has forgiven me. Forgive the unforgivable.  Love the unlovable.  Be kind to those who are unkind.  
I feel that when I can do these things, be like Christ, show Christ through my life and actions, then I will be a great mom.  But being more like Christ must come first.  

2 comments:

Emily said...

I'm with ya, sister!

Anita - Soaring Eagle said...

Amen indeed woman! That was a cool post. I could list many things that I see in you that you are great at! I believe you do show Christ a lot, but what I see most is when you are holding one of your children. That my dear is a gift!