Friday, August 03, 2012

14/30 Things: 5 Strengths

{To know what I'm talking about and to see previous 30 Things posts, start here}



14.  Describe 5 strengths that you have.


I'm intimidating.
At least I look like I am.  Sometimes I can actually be intimidating but the looking part is definitly to my advantage at times.  Especially when I need to be intimidating.

I'm a good listener.
I'm still working on the not talking as much as I should be listening part but I'm getting there.  And I'm a good ear to just sit and be there for someone whenever they need.

I see good in others
For some reason I tend to see everyone as good.  Then, when they show their human side, I don't understand why they would do that when it's obvious not good.  For example, how could one man steal from another?  Don't they see that the man they're stealing from is working hard and trying to provide for his family?  But then on the flip side, how can one man walk past another when there is obviously a need?  Don't they see that this man is hungry?  Or in need of clothing? 
But this also applies to people I'm close to.  I tend to forgive too many times placing that person back into my life when I should just love them from a distance.  They've wronged me once, why on earth would they do it again knowing they hurt me before?


Gift of discernment
When I was in college I discovered I have the gift of discernment.  I get feelings or vibes about people. I can usually tell pretty quickly whether I can trust someone or not, if they're dangerous and I should run!,  or if they're a good person and worth being around, and the like.  I can also usually tell if something is going on and they need to talk, if problems are arising between people, or if someone needs to be left alone.  But the beauty of it is that I can tell these things when others can't. 

I love to Give
If I see a need I want to help.  When I see people on the street, if I get a feeling, I want need to help.  If someone around me needs something, I want to do something.  I love to give when it's truly needed.

No comments: