Monday, August 27, 2012

16/30 Things: Greatest Accomplishments

{To know what I'm talking about, and to see previous 30 Things posts, start here}


16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?


-Becoming a mom to my sweet baby girls. 
Growing as a person from a c-section with my first and then being able to do a vbac with my second.



-Graduating college. 
 I had to finish highschool with a GED and was determined to go to college and finish.  When I went to a Christian college, I didn't know what I wanted to gain from it and ended up giving up on it to get married to my sweetie.  I finally figured out what I wanted to do (ART!!) and went back to school and got my associates in Art.  I'm not sure what I want to do with it, if anything, but I got it, just like I wanted.

-Being able to get and stay out of debt.
Well, at least for the most part.  We still have our car and our house but other than that we are pretty well debt free.  Every now and again we'll have to put a little bit on our credit card but we are able to pay it off with only one or two payments.  It's nice.  We still need to become better at saving money but we'll get there.

-Going to Ecuador on a missions trip.
This was way out of my comfort zone.  To leave my (almost) 3 year old, while pregnant, and to go out of the counrty was frightening.  But I did it because I felt like that was what God was calling me to do.  And at least I had Bryan with me.  And I learned from it- who I am, who God wants me to be, and that I can do things I'm not entirely comfortable with and survive!  Huzzah.

-Being able to grow spiritually by forgiving past hurts and learning from them.
See number 6, as well as my own father, friendships, and even the family I'm close to.  Life it hard but you must learn from it and grow or you can wither and die.  It's a choice, your own choice, but God is good to teach you in love.  And that's what I choose.



{Btw- Sorry for the long haitus.  The month slowly and yet quickly got away from me.  I'll recap here when I get the chance.}

1 comment:

Anita - Soaring Eagle said...

Quite a few accomplishments there woman. You did forget the "singing" aspect.