Saturday, August 14, 2010

Whew!

Here I am, sitting at the computer, exhausted, sleepy yet not, yearning for my bed yet not in it, and eating chocolate graham crackers because my hunger has just now caught up with me.
I was in bed at nine. Just, so ready for bed. But then when I curled up to fall asleep, I couldn't. So I thought I would recap. Recaps are fun.

I love the exhausting busyness of the last couple days but, my oh my, am I tired.

Yesterday, my mom-in-law came over to keep my kiddo company. And God bless her because I got a ton done. I cleaned so fast and til I could clean no more.
It's amazing how a person gets to a point where their house is picked up and it seems clean because you have a little person running around who terrorizes your couch, your movies, dragging their toys to the living room, crying, tantrum throwing, hungry cute little beast making you crazy!.. (whew)
But yesterday I got it really picked up. So much to the point where all I had left was the deep cleaning instead of only the top layer picked up with three more underneath that before you can see the floor again. Toys, stuff, everywhere!
I shall throw it all away and start anew!! Maybe tomorrow.

Well, after I finished cleaning and it was time for A's nap, my sister and I had to head over to clean some more. Our new pastor and his family were on their way into town from the Big Apple. Their new house was bought yet not quite ready to move in. The previous owner was still in it!
My hubby found this out when him and two other people (friends{Walters}), from our church, went over to set up a large fenced kennel for the incoming dogs. They met the guy. He happily showed them the place. They were baffled with how much he still had left to pack.
Bryan was going to go back over with Walters to help him pack up so he could get out of there. I offered to go since A was sleeping and Bryan had to get back to work. I got there an hour after Walters and was surprised with what I saw. However, I was told it was an improvement from when Walters had seen it that morning with Bryan and after they greatly encouraged him to get going.
Anywho, after two hours, and lots of encouragement we got his stuff out of there. The Fosters (new pastor and fam) showed up as we were loading the last of it. The previous owner had a few things left, and really wanted to take a break because of the rain, but the four of us continued on to get him out of there so the Fosters could take over.
Fortunately there wasn't a lot of cleaning to do. He kept a pretty clean house. Just not so hot at the moving part. Can't really blame him. His wife was in DM waiting on him while he stayed behind to sell the house. Two years he's been apart from her and longer than that, been in that house. Maybe he had a hard time letting go.
We all understood, so we were kind and loving and helped him in any way we could.

Afterwards, we got back home, had dinner and set out to work on the yard. Bryan mowing and I trimming the bushes with an owner operated clippers. We worked til we were working til street light.
Second time I was dripping with sweat that day. First time without the rain beating on me as I was trying to work. Not complaining. It actually felt really nice.

Today, we went back over to the Foster's new house but this time to move things in. After about a half hour of being there I get a call from my sister. Inside a noisy house with people trying to move things does not a heard phone call make.
All I could hear was my sister asking me to meet her. Me asking where. Her crying and trying to tell me what happened beneath the noise. Me panicking. My sister Courtney does not cry. Rarely. So I knew it was serious. I had no idea what happened. Just that she was working at her vet job and she was now heading to Mercy Care.
I get there and, thankfully, she's doing fine. A dog bit her while she was trying to give him his meds. Only a little broken skin in between her index and middle finger but her thumb was swollen stiff from the bite. She still can't use it very well but the doc put her on antibiotics so that should help.
Went back to the Foster's and the stuff was all moved in but the VV crew was helping to unpack. So unpack we did. I did. My sis took their dogs (she's tough, what can I say) back to our house to care for them for the day. We all worked our little tushies off until noon when Bryan and I had to leave.
At noon(ish) my awesome aunt Kimmy and my rockin uncle Jon showed up with their two beautiful kiddos to bring us lunch. They were just passing through but we got to hang with them for about four hours.
I didn't put A down for her nap until 3:30 which was not a good idea on my part. She wanted out to play, and was just so off that I don't think she got more than an hour and a half of a nap. That made for a grumpy kid.
We eventually had to take the Foster's dogs back home. We were all kinda sad to take them back, especially A. They kinda blended into our little home. But there is always dog-sitting. I think, however, that I sorta promised to get a big dog for A... kinda sorta.
We made a run to MtV and back home for a bath for the stinky rugrat. That catches us up to now. I'm tired. Maybe now I can sleep considering Bryan's going to make me get up at the butt crack of dawn to go to church at his crazy hour. We have to leave a 7! Can you believe that!? A even lets me sleep til 8.
Goodness.
But I get to sing with the worship team tomorrow so I'm excited. First Sunday of our new pastor fam being there to stay, friends back from a long vacation, getting to see everyone. Should be a great day.

P.S. My daughter can tell me all the names of the Fresh Beat characters. I'm wondering if I should be worried.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

girl, you have been busy! If we hadn't been so busy with doctor's appointments and family reunions, i would have been right alongside, helping you out! I love a good hard days work, too.....mostly when it's helping someone else! Glad to see you posting more! Love you!

Danger Haley said...

I want to go back to bed after reading that! How kind of you to help that man AND your new pastor. You have a such a heart of gold.