Monday, August 30, 2010

(I apologize in advance for all the exclamation points)

Good morning!!
I am up and at 'em this morning and I like it! I hate to say that I am not a morning person and I often wish I were. I seem to be tired all the time with a thyroid condition and it's easier to stay awake than to wake up. But this morning is different and it's a nice change!

I haven't blogged in a while because it feels like nothing exciting has happened since then. I have been busy with things but nothing blog worthy... until now!

First, the last two Wednesdays we have been preparing to start up Youth Group. I'm excited!! We have a lot of sponsors, which is good because that means lots of ideas. I'm so ready to get to know these kids and help them to grow in Christ. I pray I can bring things to the group, lift them up, and encourage and not hinder in any way. I've wanted to be a part of this for a long while now but I had to wait for God to call me into it. I think I'm ready. I hope I'm ready.

Secondly, we had a Youth water park trip as an end-of-summer celebration/let's-get-this-school-year-started-off-right celebration. It was so much fun. The place was big enough for grown ups to play and have fun.
Most of the time when you go to things with your kids, the place is too small and adults have to squeeze through to be able to play with their children. Kind of a like an unspoken Adults Not Welcome So Go Chit Chat With Other Adults sign. So, we squeeze through tunnels and passageways with our little ones who are too little and timid to go by themselves until we're too tired of maneuvering our way around and tag our spouses to take over.
But not this time! This time there was all sorts of running around (and by running I mean walking really fast because the ground is wet and we don't want to get a whistle blown at us from a nearby lifeguard cause, geesh, that'd be embarrassing with your youth kids there), going down slides multiple times, standing under the giant bucket waiting for it to sound the alarm that it was about to dump on you. Ahh, it was a good time.
But. But, my poor hubby. He wasn't feeling very well and our daughter only wanted Daddy that day. She wasn't able to take a nap anywhere and was so hungry that she didn't know what she wanted. I kept asking her if she was hungry and she just kept saying, "Nooo," and start whimpering. So Bryan held her for hours. I told him that after we eat I'd take her so he could have an hour of so of doing whatever he wanted.
She was much better after we ate and perked right up. She didn't mind hanging with me on the lazy river for a while but it was right next to the water basketball area and that's where daddy was. She wouldn't let me do anything else but stay close to daddy.
He finally held her as he played some b-ball and eventually he went to the lazy river. They floated around in a double raft where she finally found contentment. Then we had to leave. She wasn't very happy. Poor baby.
When we got out to the car, she settled right in and played a little with our friends kid, M, who was also in our car. But 1oish minutes into the car ride and our kiddo was out. At 7:30. You'd think that'd be a problem for the rest of the night but it wasn't at all.
Home at 8:30 and stopped to let M out to go with her parents, not a peep from our kiddo. We even stopped at DQ and got an ice cream. She didn't wake until we stopped at home and I took her out of her car seat. Even then she just rested her head on my shoulder, then curled up in her crib when I put her down. Didn't even ask for milk so I know she was beat. Slept through til morning at around 8. I even had to drag myself out of bed but it was well worth it. Such a fun day.

And finally, us girls had our annual birthday celebration for one of us again. It starts in September and goes right on through. Except we have more girls now, so more birthdays. Fun!! Ate too much food, had good laughs, and a funny movie to boot. Next is my birthday!

Youth groups starts on Wednesday, we get to see family this weekend, and what a long weekend it will be, and my birthday on Sunday! Yay!

Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

Anita - Soaring Eagle said...

Looking at Sheila's blog I could see how you all had so much fun!!! I bet you all will be so great with the Youth - how exciting.