Thursday, February 19, 2009

I want to flick NatGeo right in the forehead.

A few weeks ago National Geographic kept calling and calling and calling. Well, silly me, I answered the phone and they wanted to send me a video that I didn't have to buy unless I wanted to. I told them I didn't want it but they wouldn't take no for an answer. So, I gave in and said fine thinking I could send it back without a problem.
Well, I got it in the mail and there was no info on how to return it. So, I frustratingly called them and (as nicely as I could) gave them a piece of my mind. So my conversation with National Geographic customer service went something like this:

Me: Hi, I received the video in the mail and I was told I could return it but I can't find a way to do so.
NG: I can give you an address for you to return it to.
Me: I didn't want this video in the first place but the lady wouldn't let me off the phone until I finally agreed, and now I have to send back on my own dime?
NG: Well, we can go ahead and cancel your payments and you can donate the video to a school or library.
Me: So, that's all I have to do and I won't be charged for it?
NG: Yes.
Me: (Sigh of frustration) Alright, well thank you.

I do feel bad for the lady because it wasn't her that originally talked me into allowing them to send me the video in the first place, but I was seriously frustrated because the lady never said that I would have to pay to send it back. Grr. And I didn't want the stinkin thing in the first place! Have I already said that? Well allow me to say it one more time.... I didn't want it! At all! In the first place!!

Ok, I'm done.

I'm going to watch Iron Man with my hubby now.

Have a good night.

Even the poor lady that I frustratingly vented to at National Geographic Customer Service.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That would have made me MAD!

Hey, I LOVED Iron Man. Have you seen it before?! Great flick. They are doing a part 2. :)

Does it matter if I comment on this one or your xanga? I like this one because you show in my sidebar when you update.